AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER!

Guest $I Need Money$

This team doesn't dersve to go to the playoffs. How are they in contention still? I would rather see a real team represent the AL Central then this joke of a Manager ruining our team.

4 games out of first, and 2 1/2 out of the wildcard. This team has to win at least 14 out of the next 17 to even have a chance, IMO.

And you know what, go twins. they stepped up this final month, ready to try and not only take the wildcard, but the division as well. And look at their team talent and salary wise to this team.

Edited by BearSox

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
its not over YET... 4 things just need to happen 1. sox have to sweep the tigers, mariners and twins, 2. Liriano has to get hurt again, 3. Ozzie needs to sit Pods all 17 games and 4. Uribe has to get hot and/or learn how to bat

.................. :crying

any way to change my handle??? :bang

here you go... link

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Blame it on Owens. He costed us the game today. If ozzie would of put someone experience like pablo he would of scored but not owens who will just stand there at second and not score.

Thanks Jerry

How is it Jerry Owens' fault? That was a play all most all LF'ers would make. Guerrero made a bad read on it, and it got over his head. Owens had to stop half way to second because he could have gotten doubled up. If Guerrero had caught that ball, and Owens was running like you wanted him to, that would have been a DP.

You gotta be kidding me when you say Jerry Owens cost us this game. And if your not, have you ever watched or played baseball in your life?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
This team doesn't dersve to go to the playoffs. How are they in contention still? I would rather see a real team represent the AL Central then this joke of a Manager ruining our team.

4 games out of first, and 2 1/2 out of the wildcard. This team has to win at least 14 out of the next 17 to even have a chance, IMO.

And you know what, go twins. they stepped up this final month, ready to try and not only take the wildcard, but the division as well. And look at their team talent and salary wise to this team.

You're right about the Sox deserving to go to the playoffs. They don't. But I HATE the punch-n-judy Twins so much that I want to see the Yankees obliterate them in the playoffs yet again. I'll root for Detroit if they stumble in though.

And I don't get the heat on Crede for whiffing to KRod. Crede OWNED him in the playoffs last yr, it was a matter of time before a good pitcher like KRod to get a good hitter in Crede out :huh

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Blame it on Owens. He costed us the game today. If ozzie would of put someone experience like pablo he would of scored but not owens who will just stand there at second and not score.

Thanks Jerry

That play wasnt Owens' fault. That ball streaking towards the RF was almost caught, Owens is so fast, his momentum took him past 2b.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back, people. The fuse IS indeed lit!.......and this season will blow up in our faces in comical fashion. I can't remember a more talented team that folded without a post-season berth since......I can't come up with anyone. Had we broken apart the team, a la 2003 Florida Marlins, I would understand. But in the eyes of every baseball analyst who knows anything about baseball, this has to be one of the bigger mysteries that the Sox didn't reach the playoffs. They ARE loaded with talent. But the hunger simply wasn't there. There was also too much tinkering and experiments taking place.It's mind-boggling, and as much adulation as there was to go around last year, some heads have to roll this year.

Let's get Pods out of left field, since he won't be there next year and see what Sweeney can do in 3 weeks. Get McCarthy to start a couple of games to evaluate his progress, and dump all dead weight, Garcia, Cotts, Vasquez. Go Sox in 2007!

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
That was the straw that broke the camel's back, people. The fuse IS indeed lit!.......and this season will blow up in our faces in comical fashion. I can't remember a more talented team that folded without a post-season berth since......I can't come up with anyone. Had we broken apart the team, a la 2003 Florida Marlins, I would understand. But in the eyes of every baseball analyst who knows anything about baseball, this has to be one of the bigger mysteries that the Sox didn't reach the playoffs. They ARE loaded with talent. But the hunger simply wasn't there. There was also too much tinkering and experiments taking place.It's mind-boggling, and as much adulation as there was to go around last year, some heads have to roll this year.

Let's get Pods out of left field, since he won't be there next year and see what Sweeney can do in 3 weeks. Get McCarthy to start a couple of games to evaluate his progress, and dump all dead weight, Garcia, Cotts, Vasquez. Go Sox in 2007!

If the Sox are eliminated by the end of this weekend, I agree wholeheartedly. Play the rooks and let's see what they can do (That includes Anderson, Ozzie!) Although, I wouldn't pack Vazquez's bags just yet. Least he's trying his hardest unlike Freddy, who can't get out of here fast enough for me.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
As a last ditch shot in the dark, part of me wants Ozzie to just say "f*** it" tomorrow, and sit AJ, Pods, Konerko, and Thome, and put in Stewart, Ozuna, Gload, and Fields.

Such a depressing loss tonight. I'm not pissed so much as just dejected right now. I just keep waiting and waiting on this damn team, and they never produce consistently, night-to-night.

And, without sounding too complain-y, it seems like everything is going against us. We finally start getting the pitching, and our offense can't score more than three runs. Detroit throws out TWO runners at homeplate tonight. Minny comes back from a 5-3 defecit against the normally strong Justin Ducherererererer.

I knew we wouldn't be catching all the breaks like we did last year, but yikes. The baseball gods are sure coming down on us with vengeance, or so it seems.

Bingo. I feel like I'm stuck in win one/lost the next hell, and have been since at least the ASB.

And you're right about the rotating failures: first the starters are weak, but the offense is great. Then the starters have been good (ESPECIALLY lately) and... take your pick, either the offense gets zeroed or the bullpen blows it. And what up with Jenks? He's been getting rocked for the last week.

I've been saying it for months, and it's a duh! insight but: we have yet to go on a roll. In fact, I can't even remember the last time we did. It seems every win is offset with a loss the next day, or worse.

You keep waiting, and waiting...

And I agree about the breaks. That's one thing we're NOT getting this year (although whoever pointed out that Vlad should have easily caught AJ's hit was right--I was shocked that he muffed that).

The pitching has arrived since 10 days ago, yet we continue to play sub .500 ball. Now the focus is on Pods being an automatic out, Thome striking out like a champ, and Konerko, double-play hitting extraordinaire. And don't even get me started on Anderson, who has sucked the BIG ONE all year on offense. The team cannot put it together. Ozzie is fiddling around trying desperately to find someone who will step up at the weak areas, and every move he makes, makes him look like an idiot. It is not his fault that the players simply could not put it together. It is his fault that he himself lost about 8 to 12 games by leaving his starters in too long during mid season, when it was clear already that the pitching wasn't the same as last year. I believe Ozzie learned a HUGE lesson this year, and it will make him a much better manager henceforth. He trusts his players and has good relationships with them, but he has altered the way he manages already this year. You can clearly see it, and I believe he will carry those painful lessons ready to do battle next year, with considerably less patience for mediocrity. Hence, and you read it here first, if Anderson slumps early next year, he's done.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:39 AM)

Yes yes, when in doubt, blame the manager.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
Jerry Owens almost cost us by being to aggressive on that play.

Why would you want him running with 1 out and a line drive hit at one of the better RF's?

Anyways cant win em all if the Sox win every series from here on out I think they have a playoff spot.

He was off with the pitch on what appeared to be a straight-steal attempt. The ball was hit and in the air and he was at 2nd base before he could really tell where it was going. Can't fault him for being too far away from first when he was off with the pitch.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
Now the focus is on .............................................................Thome striking out like a champ,

Careful. I know some people who will DELIBERATELY MISQUOTE you and say your dumb for making this statement, even though what your saying is basically the truth.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Careful. I know some people who will DELIBERATELY MISQUOTE you and say your dumb for making this statement, even though what your saying is basically the truth.

Funny you mention misquoting when you've gone and done that exact thing in your sig.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Funny you mention misquoting when you've gone and done that exact thing in your sig.

Not at all. I think the gist of what was quoted is in spirit of their conversations. I dont think any of them are different from what was said. Now, if my sig was actually condemning them for the statements .....that would be different. To deliberately misquote someone in order to make them look bad, is Petty, Deceitful and very Tribune-esque.

Rock,

I was being sarcastic about blaming Owens.

He did what you should do, he started off at the pitch, when contact was made he stopped and located the ball. It was hit directly at Vlad, so it was really hard to read whether he would get it or not. At first I thought he had it for sure, then it seemed like he lost it for a second.

Maybe with a different fielder Owens had a chance to score but with Vlad's arm and 1 out you have to stop at 3rd and hope for a sac.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Not at all. I think the gist of what was quoted is in spirit of their conversations. I dont think any of them are different from what was said. Now, if my sig was actually condemning them for the statements .....that would be different. To deliberately misquote someone in order to make them look bad, is Petty, Deceitful and very Tribune-esque.

There is no such person as Jeff Goff.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
There is no such person as Jeff Goff.

hes some brand new guy, he has been on mainly weekends, his quote was from a Fiery show they had, with Abbatacola, regarding are cub fans' racists. He correctly pointed out, that there have been about a dozen major incidents involving that other team and their fans, and how the incidents have all been downplayed in the Media here, and that the Media here seems to be sweeping this under the carpet. Ive been saying the same thing for years and years ........... thats why I LOVED his quote.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
hes some brand new guy, he has been on mainly weekends, his quote was from a Fiery show they had, with Abbatacola, regarding are cub fans' racists. He correctly pointed out, that there have been about a dozen major incidents involving that other team and their fans, and how the incidents have all been downplayed in the Media here, and that the Media here seems to be sweeping this under the carpet. Ive been saying the same thing for years and years ........... thats why I LOVED his quote.

His name is Jason Goff and he's been on the Score for quite awhile now, he's not really new.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
Its real simple. Santana was doing what every pitcher has been doing to us this second half. He was going low and away to our righties. In one inning, we decided to attack that, and we hit the ball up the middle and the other way. Besides that we acted shocked that we were getting feed low and away. Look at Crede with men on against K rod. 94 low and away and you see a pathetic swing. These are guys going up to the dish not having a clue on what the approach is. Unless you have the reach of Vlad you cannot I repeat cannot pull a low and away 94 mph pitch and do too much with it.

The fact that our team goes up night after night without an approach for a simple way that people have taken to attack a myopic power hitting team, its either the hitters are retarded or our hitting coach is stubborn. I go with both.

When I watched the game last night I saw the opposite. I was thinking why the hell is everyone trying ti flip the ball the opposite way. Kornerko and the other righties were popping out to the first baseman and Gurrero all night. There was no effort to pull the ball. Pods had a base hit up the middle at hit it back to the pitchers twice.

Guess it's just a matter of perspective.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
When I watched the game last night I saw the opposite. I was thinking why the hell is everyone trying ti flip the ball the opposite way. Kornerko and the other righties were popping out to the first baseman and Gurrero all night. There was no effort to pull the ball. Pods had a base hit up the middle at hit it back to the pitchers twice.

Popups don't necessarily tell you where a person was trying to hit the ball. If you're trying to pull a ball and you hit a pitcher's pitch into the air, it may well wind up going anywhere. Especially if the pitcher either gets in on your wrists or off the plate away.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)

Guess it's just a matter of perspective.

Pods' basehit was through the left side between the 3B and SS.