Juan Encarnacion

Sox1422

I'd definately take Encarnacion. I'd be willing to trade someone like Carlos Lee for him.

I think the Sox need to start getting more all around players. Encarnacion plays good defense and has a lot of speed. I like Lee though and the Fish want to dump salary. I'd give them Rowand and someone else (No one very good). The market is soft right now.

Encarnacion always struck me as a Carlos Leelike player.  Tons of potential and having a hard time living up to it.

There is a huge diffrence between Juan and Clee. And that is that jaun can play above average defense and Clee can't. Plus add in the 20-25 SBs and the amazing arm he has he will be a very good player once given the chance.

I think he has the potential to hit .270, with 110 RBIs, 20-25 SBs, and 5-15 outfield assisits. If we could get him for CLee I would do it but I bet we would have to add a pitcher to get him.(Wright, Garland, or Glover).

BTW I used to post on this sight late last season, but haven't since then. But I have been redaing for the past month or so.

I really haven't followed Encarnacion much since he has moved around a lot.  But I really, really liked him when he came through the Southern League.  Couldn't understand why Detroit gave up on him so quickly.

I never figured it out either. His rookie year was really good with Detroit and then he fall back in his sophmore season and before you know it he was ousted.

I'd definately trade Carlos for him because you get a ballplayer instead of a one dimensional type guy. Is he due a lot of money or is it similar to Carlos?

The only reason I don't think they take Carlos is like I mentioned before, payroll, and I don't want to see the Sox give them some good prospects for him.

Rowand and Hummel could do it, imo. Hummel would be a potential replacement for Castillo who is expected to be dumped.

I never figured it out either.  His rookie year was really good with Detroit and then he fall back in his sophmore season and before you know it he was ousted.

I'd definately trade Carlos for him because you get a ballplayer instead of a one dimensional type guy.  Is he due a lot of money or is it similar to Carlos? 

The only reason I don't think they take Carlos is like I mentioned before, payroll, and I don't want to see the Sox give them some good prospects for him. 

Rowand and Hummel could do it, imo.  Hummel would be a potential replacement for Castillo who is expected to be dumped.

If we could get him for Hummell and Rowand that would be a steal.

Like I said they would probaly demand a pitching prospect plus a Rowand, Lee, harris, or hummell

With the Marlins wanting to lighten payroll, I think Juan would be a nice little pick up for the Sox.

What do you guys/gals think?

No.

No.

No.

Two rules I have: avoid all exCubs and avoid all exTigers and I would add a third and fourth, avoid all exMarlins and exDRays. Once you've been cut from those four teams, you have no where else to go but die because if you were any good at all thoise teams wouldn't lose you.

Plus I prefer Carlos who has done some good things for us to a player who has been let go off by some of the worst organizations in baseball.

With the Marlins wanting to lighten payroll, I think Juan would be a nice little pick up for the Sox.

No.

No.

No.

Two rules I have: avoid all exCubs and avoid all exTigers and I would add a third and fourth, avoid all exMarlins and exDRays. Once you've been cut from those four teams, you have no where else to go but die because if you were any good at all thoise teams wouldn't lose you.

Plus I prefer Carlos who has done some good things for us to a player who has been let go off by some of the worst organizations in baseball.

I would hestitate to include the Marlins in that list. They have the ability to identify and develop talent. They just can't afford to keep it.

No.

No.

No.

You'd be crazy not to take Encarnacion over Lee. :nono

I would like Encarnacion, With a good Lineup he could be solid. But we need a speedster leadoff guy. I would do a Deal for Encarnacion and Castillo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Encarnacion just cut loose by someone a couple of seasons ago. The Reds, I think, picked him up as an extra OF'er and brought him up from AAA after Griffey got hurt last year. Am I thinking of the same guy here?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Encarnacion just cut loose by someone a couple of seasons ago.  The Reds, I think, picked him up as an extra OF'er and brought him up from AAA after Griffey got hurt last year.  Am I thinking of the same guy here?

he is not as good as some posters thinks.

We wouldn't have to give up Lee for him I bet. A couple of AA prospects would do the MArlins fine (see Dontrelle Willis).

Id take him for a couple AA prospects but how about Dontrelle Willis! This guy got stuff! MAd stuff! He threw a 1 hitter. And... he was traded from the sCrUBS to the Marlins in the Tavarez + Willis for Clement + Alfonseca trade. Gee, who won that trade!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Encarnacion just cut loose by someone a couple of seasons ago.  The Reds, I think, picked him up as an extra OF'er and brought him up from AAA after Griffey got hurt last year.  Am I thinking of the same guy here?

Yes thats him, except he was signed as a 4th OF. And then like you said when Griffey got hurt he was able to start and finnaly showed what many people thought he would be when he played for the Tigers. A guy with power and speed and a great OF arm.

Like I said If we could get him in a trade to play CF for he would be the perfect fit.

can he plays as a cf'er?

Yes,

Last year he was the CF for the Reds when Griffey went down. The only reason he isn't playing CF right now is because Pierre is faster and can cover more ground.

Let me add one more thing I think Juan is just a late bloomer. Because when he 1st came up with the Tigers he was a top prospect he just didn't show it then. Now he is showing that talent.

Yes,

Last year he was the CF for the Reds when Griffey went down. The only reason he isn't playing CF right now is because Pierre is faster and can cover more ground.

Let me add one more thing I think Juan is just a late bloomer. Because when he 1st came up with the Tigers he was a top prospect he just didn't show it then.  Now he is showing that talent.

He certainly showed the tools and potential while in the Minors. He just seems like a guy who never really got the chance to play full-time. Or at least not long enough to let him work through some struggles.

I have never heard about attitude or clubhouse problems someone else alluded to, so I can't comment on that.

for a couple of AA or AAA prospect that is not seen on the 30 men prospect list, then he would be a great pickup for  some trades.

Well the Sox have sold Cliff Brumbaugh so they couldn't package him, but someone like Ross Gload (even though he came to Florida), Arow and a decent pitching prospect could do it.