Should the Cards win tonight, the Cubs two worst enemies...

wilmot825

The Cardinals are horrible, how they even made the World Series is beyond me.

They looked like a Triple-A team at the Cell this past summer.

That was maybe the worst World Series I've ever seen, wait, no, it definitely was.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Can I ask why when there is a cinderella story in the NCAA tourney, everyone loves them, but the Cards pull off the huge upset in the playoffs, and its horrible...

I think I'm just mad cause the team that won got mauled by us and deep down I know the Sox were better than both of these teams.

It just eats at me inside.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
I think I'm just mad cause the team that won got mauled by us and deep down I know the Sox were better than both of these teams.

It just eats at me inside.

As I told Illinikrush last night, with the way everyone has played this postseason, our team on talent alone could have ran through the playoffs. Unfortunately, we decided to suck it up the 2nd half and we get to watch this team win it all. It honestly bugs me more this year than passed years to see the World Series champion just celebrate because I know what it feels like and I miss that feeling already.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
As I told Illinikrush last night, with the way everyone has played this postseason, our team on talent alone could have ran through the playoffs. Unfortunately, we decided to suck it up the 2nd half and we get to watch this team win it all. It honestly bugs me more this year than passed years to see the World Series champion just celebrate because I know what it feels like and I miss that feeling already.

Exactly how I feel. Had the same type of conversation with my Dad recently.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
It blows the Sox are watching this on TV right now, but I have a hard time taking anything away from the Cards. They got the rings.

Hey I'm not taking anything away, they won, but the fact of the matter is that the stats prove they are the worst team to ever win the series and we did maul them when we played head to head this year. That's pretty much all I'm saying.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
I was at 2 of 3 games at the Cell, and while the regular season is totally different from playoff baseball, but there is not much doubt we would have steamrolled over the Cards in the playoffs.....

I mean look at the scrap heap roster.

Aaron Miles? White Sox trash.

Jeff Weaver? Preston Wilson?

We would have had a field day with these clowns.

Leyland should be embarassed after beating two good teams like Oakland and New York and then losing to a AAA team.

2003 = ridiculous collapse in post season

2004 = enormous hopes followed by injuries and huge disappointment

2005 = white sox win world series

2006 = cardinals win world series

i think it's pretty reasonable to suggest there's never been a worse time to be a cub fan

LOL@cub fans

I cant wait until the 100 years of losing shirts come out at the cell for the flubbers.

I understand what you all are saying, but MAN, the won with Weaver pitching out his butt, Pujols had, what, two RBI's? Edmonds is playing in a cloud of haze.

Eckstein and Molina got them through this series...oh, and the fact that Detroit's young, inexperienced guys gacked this series away. A win is a win...congrats to the Cards, no matter how they won or how they got there... :cheers

Of course, they were one more game over .500 in the playoff than they were in the regular season...(six vs. five). GACK!

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
I mean look at the scrap heap roster.

Aaron Miles? White Sox trash.

Jeff Weaver? Preston Wilson?

We would have had a field day with these clowns.

Leyland should be embarassed after beating two good teams like Oakland and New York and then losing to a AAA team.

I'm sure people were wondering who the hell this Joe Crede guy was, and how he could go from hitting .250 in the regular season to destroying everything thrown at him in the postseason; how over the hill Carl Everett could do anything at all for the Sox; how 'can't-stay-healthy' Jermaine Dye hit 31 homers for the Sox; how headcase Jose could be the horse of a World Series winning team; how overweight and troubled pitcher Bobby Jenks would get the last out of the World Series for the Sox.

I have my doubts as to whether the Sox would have beaten the Cardinals. On paper, it happens with ease...but the rotation allowing 4 runs a game would pretty much kill those chances, and Podsednik getting on at a .280 clip would further fistf*** the Sox.