Let's Rekindle the Crawford Talks

Sox1422

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 04:41 AM)
As in KW would take Garcia for Young, or that Daniels would not take Garcia for Young, or both? Just curious, of course

If the Rangers would take Garcia for Young, I'm 100 pct confident that KW would drive Garcia down to Arlington.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
If the Rangers would take Garcia for Young, I'm 100 pct confident that KW would drive Garcia down to Arlington.

Then who does he trade, Uribe or Iguchi? Why would he trade for a middle infielder - who's better suited for the 2 or 3 hole - when the two main holes that must be filled on the MLB team are LF/leadoff hitter and the bullpen?

I can see Young being a leadoff hitter for the Sox, but I'm just not sure where he fits. Iguchi could be traded with Young put at 2B, but that's a flatout cold business move and one that's not really necessary. If Uribe's traded, the middle infield defense instantly becomes mediocre, which will lead to just as many high ERAs on the staff as last year, considering how defensive dependant the starters are. I'm just not sure how it fits for either team in that regard. It's also a bit interesting how much better Young really has hit in Ameriquest. Seeing how spacious it is, there's no real surprise why.

I dunno, I just think there are a lot of red flags when looking at not only Young, but the lack of value the Sox would be getting for Garcia in a year where SP is needed all over. If you find the right offer, you are looking at probably 2 top 5-10 prospects, which in my mind, is more valuable than Michael Young, especially if a hole appears on the big league club this year and fixing it becomes a necessity.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
As well as dumping an unneeded salary, I agree.

You dump more salary by trading Garcia for 2 prospects. Add to the fact that I invision the Sox payroll being around $112 mill or so next year, and that becomes completely moot.