J.D. Drew?

BobDylan

QUOTE(R.Sweeney @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
I think Coco is the type of guy KW is looking for so if he can get a reasonable trade worked out he'll make it happen .Maybe Garcia for Coco and a minor leaguer .If Garcia wasnt in the last year he would be worth more .Maybe we could get Lopez back with Coco .

Garcia for Coco and Lopez?!? No thanx. Teams will be over paying for starting pitching this offseason, IMO the Sox can get much more than that for Garcia. Coco had a borderline Pods type season last year.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
Garcia for Coco and Lopez?!? No thanx. Teams will be over paying for starting pitching this offseason, IMO the Sox can get much more than that for Garcia. Coco had a borderline Pods type season last year.

No question Garcia should receive much more than that. I'd rather avoid Crisp all together and focus a return package primarily on pitching. Something similar to what the Yankees received for Sheffield where one good SP prospect is included, along with two raw lower-level arms.

What Jaret Wright's value has proven, if nothing else, is the urgency teams may have to avoid the FA market. I believe we're in a good position.

Hopefully, now Yankees swoop in and immediately sign Zito. Leave the Mets short again in their persuit of a starting pitcher.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
No question Garcia should receive much more than that. I'd rather avoid Crisp all together and focus a return package primarily on pitching. Something similar to what the Yankees received for Sheffield where one good SP prospect is included, along with two raw lower-level arms.

What Jaret Wright's value has proven, if nothing else, is the urgency teams may have to avoid the FA market. I believe we're in a good position.

Hopefully, now Yankees swoop in and immediately sign Zito. Leave the Mets short again in their persuit of a starting pitcher.

The reason I mention Crisp is because the Sox are looking to replace Pods and Crisp could do that .Crisp is young (26) gets on base ,steals bases and can drive in runners .His numbers were down last season due to injury .

Im just throwing his name out there is all .Hes not the only guy who could replace Pods at the top of the order ,Im just thinking about guys who are younger with some up-side instead of the popcorn throwing pierre or old man Roberts .

Your right though ,it would be nice to pitching in return on some trades .As of right now the only prospect who has a legit shot at the rotation any time soon is Broadway but hes prob. a year away yet .Hager is interesting too if A.J. can learn how to catch a knuckler .Kmc has looked good but hes even further away than Broadway .

According to the ESPN Rumor Central (which is an Insider service so I won't post, but if anyone has it, they can confirm), the price that's being bandied about for JD Drew's services is around 4/$56mil.

Um...yeah. I don't know what's worse, the fact that he thinks that he can get that or the fact that he probably will.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
According to the ESPN Rumor Central (which is an Insider service so I won't post, but if anyone has it, they can confirm), the price that's being bandied about for JD Drew's services is around 4/$56mil.

Um...yeah. I don't know what's worse, the fact that he thinks that he can get that or the fact that he probably will.

No f***ing way.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)

Boras is so f***ing rich, JFC

yeah, he'll get that...easily.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)

Just as well the Sox don't get him. From reading the Dodgers' board, they aren't lamenting his loss due to the fact the guy needs an off day about every 2 days and is more interested in himself than baseball.