Possiable Trade Scenario

kwill

3 was deal

White sox get: Crawford+Figgins

Angels get: Crede+Garcia

Tanpa Bay get: E. Santana and a prospect

It makes sense for all parties. Tampa gets a great young pitcher. Angels get that power bat in Crede and front line starter in Garcia. We get the table setters for the middle of the lineup...Imagine the lineup,

CHONE

CRAWFORD

DYE

THOME

KONERKO

AJ

TADIHITO

URIBE

SWEENEY/ANDERSON/FIELDS

tHATS WHATS GREAT ABOUT FIGGINS, WE COULD SEE WHO IS THE BEST PROSPECT.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to trade Garcia? This is a "win now" team and Freddy still has some years left. If I'm dealing someone to make room for McCarthy, it's going to be Vazquez, who I never liked in the first place.

Having said that, I'm not sure I want to trade any of the pitchers until we KNOW that McCarthy is the real deal. Not to mention Contreras's back could go out at any minute and we don't know if Buerhle will bounce back. I guess what I'm saying is that you can never have enough pitching in baseball and I don't want to give any of it up (unless I'm getting some in return, as was rumored - and then shot down by KW - in the Garcia to LA deal).

QUOTE(kwill @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
3 was deal

It makes sense for all parties. Tampa gets a great young pitcher. Angels get that power bat in Crede and front line starter in Garcia. We get the table setters for the middle of the lineup...Imagine the lineup,

CHONE

CRAWFORD

DYE

THOME

KONERKO

AJ

TADIHITO

URIBE

SWEENEY/ANDERSON/FIELDS

That sounds good but with Crede gone Fields would be in the lineup at third which leaves BA and Sweeney on the bench.

Also could put Figgins at third, he did play third a few years ago when Troy was injured and put 1 of the 3 kids in the OF.

Unfortunately it doesnt look like getting Figs and Crawford would actually happen but it would be nice.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Am I the only one who doesn't want to trade Garcia? This is a "win now" team and Freddy still has some years left. If I'm dealing someone to make room for McCarthy, it's going to be Vazquez, who I never liked in the first place.

Having said that, I'm not sure I want to trade any of the pitchers until we KNOW that McCarthy is the real deal. Not to mention Contreras's back could go out at any minute and we don't know if Buerhle will bounce back. I guess what I'm saying is that you can never have enough pitching in baseball and I don't want to give any of it up (unless I'm getting some in return, as was rumored - and then shot down by KW - in the Garcia to LA deal).

The only thing I dont like about Garcia is he coulnt hold a runner on 1st with a sniper rifle in his hand but I do believe he will bounce back with his velocity and get back to who he was .

I agree with you that you cant have enuff pitching but if we were to keep everyone than BMc sits in the pen for 07 too and when 08 comes people will be saying the same thing about BMc not being proven. Thing is we will never know til we get him in the rotation. I will say this about BMc, he did start some games at the end of 05 and looked damn good especially the game he pitched in Boston.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)

Im in with you. I like Freddy and he was part of our World TItle team...Vazquez is a waste...good arm, mush brain. Freddy pitched us to a 1-0 World Series title...Vazquez could never do that in a zillion years.

Deal Javy...get talent and let Freddy pitch that new fork ball for us next year.

QUOTE(kwill @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
3 was deal

CHONE

CRAWFORD

DYE

THOME

KONERKO

AJ

TADIHITO

URIBE

SWEENEY/ANDERSON/FIELDS

Thanks Kenny! :D :bang

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
The Freddy Garcia your talking about had a 94 MPH fastball and a 3.87 ERA in 2005. The Freddy Garcia now has 86 MPH junk, and ended the season with a 4.54 ERA.

Your logic is because Vazquez was not part of the World Series team, he is garbage...

That was last year with an extremely short off season due to the WBC. I would not be surprised if his fastball begin to return to the low 90's but with an addition of a split fingered pitch. This could mkae him extremely valuable. Plus, next year will be a FA year in his prime so there is alot of extra incentive there. He will have an outstanding year in 2007 for a variety of reasons.

QUOTE(kwill @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
3 was deal

CHONE

CRAWFORD

DYE

THOME

KONERKO

AJ

TADIHITO

URIBE

SWEENEY/ANDERSON/FIELDS

Any scenario in which we're the ones not receiving Ervin Santana is not worth persuing, IMO. Remove Crawford and replace him with Santana it's more feasible. However, if I'm Williams, Anaheim needs to include an additional MIF prospect.

Jason is more familar with Anaheim's problems, but if they're interested in Anderson he'll be included.

Figure this--

Crede is among the top 5 3B in the AL, and has shown several years of steady progress, yet Santana is nowhere near a comparable level among starting pitchers. He certainly may be, but you can't use that possibility when dealing with Crede--whose already proven himself. Anything beyond a 1-for-1 trade is unreasonable.

Now, put together the last two players in that proposal: Garcia and Figgens. That's....not equal. Angels should include either Aybar/Wood.

Crede + Garcia + Anderson = Santana + Figgens + Wood. That's an equal f***ing trade.

I just heard on ESPN News Angels have officially inquired about Zito. They've offered Soriano a deal as well. This is exactly why Williams can't wait back and let teams find their pitchers. We're removing trading partners from the table.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
The Freddy Garcia your talking about had a 94 MPH fastball and a 3.87 ERA in 2005. The Freddy Garcia now has 86 MPH junk, and ended the season with a 4.54 ERA.

Your logic is because Vazquez was not part of the World Series team, he is garbage...

The logic makes perfect sense. What it means is Freddy can be counted on when the pressure is on to make big pitches and win big HUGE games. At the first sign of trouble Vazquez flames like a torch. Vazquez is just the type of pitcher who is .500, because he has .500 talent...maybe the "talent" he lacks is mental, but it's clearly there. You wouldn't bet a penny that Vazquez could ever succeed on the same stage where Freddy has. No chance in hell Vazquez could EVER pitch a World Series shutout...he doesn't have the moxie, the toughness to do it...Freddy does.

By the way, Garcia was hitting low 90s late in the season...he had a dead arm in the middle part of the season, but really got it back together late + he added another pitch that made him, at times, unhittable. He has a long off-season to refresh and he will rebound...the guy is a winner, because HE HAS WON before...you can't say the same thing for Vazquez.

No way do I trust our team with Vazquez over Garcia...if we can unload Vazquez and get talent for him, we should bust a move and do it soon. Texas would be fools to get that guy...Vazquez would have a 6+ era in Texas.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Im almost positive Garcia pitched around 14 innings in the WBC. That reason is garbage.

That reason is not garbage. It's not about how many innings he pitched it's about the lack of rest he got in the offseason. If you think he rested from Nov. until the WBC you are sadly mistaken. He had to begin his throwing sooner and up the intensity sooner. He was worn out and I guarantee you will see him throwing harder this year. I don't know how many off season programs you've seen but I guarantee that the decreased off season effected him.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Im in with you. I like Freddy and he was part of our World TItle team...Vazquez is a waste...good arm, mush brain. Freddy pitched us to a 1-0 World Series title...Vazquez could never do that in a zillion years.

Deal Javy...get talent and let Freddy pitch that new fork ball for us next year.

So what did you say about Contreras in 2004?

Im almost positive Garcia pitched around 14 innings in the WBC. That reason is garbage.

Not really. If the pressure was high and Garcia put out 100%, then it can be a big deal. If you've ever been a regular pitcher in your life, it's pretty well known that the off-season rest/spring training isn't for tossing high pressure games and putting max strain on your arm. All it takes is one pitch to blow out an arm. An arm not rested and not mechanically tuned is not a good situation for a pitcher to be in. The WBC is probably FULL of pitchers in that situation...as there's a good reason A LOT of pitchers who threw in the WBC had injury problems during the MLB season.

Freddy started 2 games and pitched 7.1 innings in the WBC. Only Koji Uehara (17), Bartolo Colon (14) and Jae Seo (14) went 14 or more innings.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Freddy started 2 games and pitched 7.1 innings in the WBC. Only Koji Uehara (17), Bartolo Colon (14) and Jae Seo (14) went 14 or more innings.

The WBC is in no way shape, or form, an excuse for Freddy's performance last year. I'm glad you just proved that. You figure he would've pitched atleast 20 or so innings had he particpated in a normal spring training. So it makes no sense to blame the WBC.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006