The Wiggles>AC/DC

southsider2k5

The Wiggles were Australia's top-earning entertainers last year, ahead of No. 2 AC/DC and No. 3 Nicole Kidman. The four men in brightly colored T-shirts, accompanied by a cast of characters including Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog, grossed $39 million last year.

I found this in an article about the leading Wiggle needing to quit the group because of his health. All I have to say is WTF?!@?!?!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/29/D8LMIISG0.html

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
I found this in an article about the leading Wiggle needing to quit the group because of his health. All I have to say is WTF?!@?!?!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/29/D8LMIISG0.html

I'm not surprised. The Wiggles are an extremely entertaining live show, and their tunes are not all that bad. Hopefully he gets better.

Best kid music out there though:

Justin Roberts

http://www.justinroberts.org/

His music is really, really good. Great for kids, and not annoying in any way. If you have kids but can't take the typical "kiddie music" anymore, check him out.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Is that $39M US? Because honestly, they pack MSG and Allstate Arena size buildings, and sell a ton of records/DVDs... I thought it would be more than that

I think that is just the gross take of the four members, not the annual franchise revenue.

Get better Greg, you crazy yellow-shirt-wearing non-thrreatening-yet-vaguely-creepy Wiggle. :cheers :aussie:

Hmmm, I wonder how DBAHO looks in a bright yellow turtleneck shirt. . . :P

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
I think that is just the gross take of the four members, not the annual franchise revenue.

Get better Greg, you crazy yellow-shirt-wearing nin-thrreatening-yet-vaguely-creepy Wiggle. :cheers :aussie:

Hmmm, I wonder how DBAHO looks in a bright yellow turtleneck shirt. . . :P

I bet he would look pretty hot behind the wheel of the big red car... imagine the chicks he could get?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 06:41 AM)
I bet he would look pretty hot behind the wheel of the big red car... imagine the chicks he could get?

I know, it's pretty much the dream job you could want as a Aussie Boy growing up.

Unfortunately the lead singer (Yellow guy Greg) is being replaced by his backup (don't know his name, but I hate the jerk for stealing my potential job already).

The Wiggles were Australia's top-earning entertainers last year, ahead of No. 2 AC/DC and No. 3 Nicole Kidman. The four men in brightly colored T-shirts, accompanied by a cast of characters including Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog, grossed $39 million last year.

That's crap that Captain Feathersword doesn't get mentioned. He's way cooler than Dorothy the Dinosaur!

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 02:15 AM)
That's crap that Captain Feathersword doesn't get mentioned. He's way cooler than Dorothy the Dinosaur!

He probably quit the group.

Major tensions b/w him and the Dinosaur from what I heard. :D