Roger Clemens

vandy125

I keep hearing talk from different people on this site about signing Roger Clemens to a 1-year deal here. I love the idea, but I am wondering if there is any merit to the talk. Is there any chance that he can/will be signed? If so, what are the chances? What is there that needs to go into getting Clemens to sign here?

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
I keep hearing talk from different people on this site about signing Roger Clemens to a 1-year deal here. I love the idea, but I am wondering if there is any merit to the talk. Is there any chance that he can/will be signed? If so, what are the chances? What is there that needs to go into getting Clemens to sign here?

The chances are slim and none. And Slim just left town.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
None, zip, zero. zilch.

Three (NYY, BOS, HOU), and maybe one more (TEX) teams have a chance at Rocket, the rest of the league is out of luck

FWIW I've heard on espn radio that the Rangers won't push hard for him this time, they basically know it will only be one of the 3 teams you mentioned first

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 05:05 AM)
I highly doubt that KW, he of the trading be-here-now starter and one potential starter who was the #1 prospect while loading up on potential arms, would throw the salary money at Clemens to rent him for a year.

It would allow those young potential arms to develop in the minors for another season, while at the same time the Sox would remain in contention for the division.

So I think it's a perfect scenario, but there's about a 0.50% chance of it actually happening.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
I wonder if a team will let Clemens skip spring training and come pitch in late

May or June.

What a primma donna.

No team should be desperate enough to take this ego maniac on his terms.

I'm sure there are no teams that would pass on adding a Roger Clemens in June if the money was right.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
I'm sure there are no teams that would pass on adding a Roger Clemens in June if the money was right.

It would be like a deadline aqusition, without giving up the prospects. The problem is still that only 3-4 teams have Clemens ear. The rest of MLB he has zero interest in pitching for.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
It would be like a deadline aqusition, without giving up the prospects. The problem is still that only 3-4 teams have Clemens ear. The rest of MLB he has zero interest in pitching for.

I agree. But I was referring to the ego-maniac remark. 30 teams would be interested if the price was right.