game thread Sox against scrubs

cwsox

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job screaming that Yasny.

Only way we were gonna win today was by a Colon shutout. We had a chance to get that shutout.

Look for Colon to explode in the postgame when writers ask him about it.

Wrong. Remember, Colon doesn't care about winning or losing, so he won't be upset at all. In fact, he'll be happy that he didn't have to throw more pitches -- he gets paid the same either way.

willie harris.... i cant wait to see this.... :angry:

Dunno why the negativity on Willie -- he's been hitting it well since being recalled, but not this time.

Sox lose a very winnable game yet again.

2 out of 3 isn't bad and all of us would have taken that 3 days ago, but we leave Wrigley with a bitter taste in our mouth.

Gotta go into the Twinky Dome and take care of some binnis, if you will.

Willie Harris is not a big leaguer.

I'm not saying that cause he just lined out.

He can't hit the ball.

Very bad loss for our Sox.

Shoulda beat a slumbersome Cubs team 1-0.

Willie Harris was 1 for 4 with two line-drive outs. He could have just as easily 3-for-4. Olivo and Valentin had two screaming outs to warning track.

Meanwhile Griudzilanek gets a blooper...

The real culprits is Jimenez, Ordonez, Crede and especially Marte....waht have you done for me lately.

(It also didn't help that Olivo and Daubach wanted to hit homers off of Bortowski instead of going what Harris did- short quick line-drive swing to reach on base.)

Cludjer and ss2k3....

HOW DO YOU LIKE DEM MISSED OPPOORTUNITIES NOW......."perceived" mistakes....riiiight. 

Winning and losing like I said.

:rolleyes: I told you so, I told you so.

WTF are you two years old? Did I disagree with you about missed opportunities? This is the second time I have said this so I will type it really slowly so maybe you will get it this time. You made a broad generalization about a player based on one single AB, that was proved narrowminded when you look at the FACT that is he the best hitter the Sox have this year with RISP. But don't let me stand in the way of your perpetual negative rants or anything. Go ahead and make up some stuff that I said here and have a schizo-good time!

Cludjer and ss2k3....

HOW DO YOU LIKE DEM MISSED OPPOORTUNITIES NOW......."perceived" mistakes....riiiight. 

Winning and losing like I said.

:rolleyes: I told you so, I told you so.

WTF are you two years old? Did I disagree with you about missed opportunities? This is the second time I have said this so I will type it really slowly so maybe you will get it this time. You made a broad generalization about a player based on one single AB, that was proved narrowminded when you look at the FACT that is he the best hitter the Sox have this year with RISP. But don't let me stand in the way of your perpetual negative rants or anything. Go ahead and make up some stuff that I said here and have a schizo-good time!

Perpetual negativism? You wish you were as high on this team's prospects as I was coming into this season. You only wish. Short f***ing memory you have.

Making s*** up? When you expect our 7-9 hitters to get us rolling and I challenge that, I am making stuff up?! WTF? Or when you bring up everyone's RISP numbers to whitewash the fact that Lee--among other players I mentioned--f***ed up numerous times.....I am making stuff up too? .

All I did was state the fact and mention a baseball cliche (it;s not what, but when) in regard to this team pathetic situational--or any--execution....Yeah, buddy, keep on making irrelevant, neutral-polarity statements in order to corect my "generalizations" and then get mad when someone dares to actually read something into your excuse-making posts....Statements have implications and your "defending" Lee was very apparent, I was well within reason in my interpretation of your post. Just because you never uttered "I am hereby excusing one Carlos Lee of any wrongdoing", doesn't mean you didn't indirectly...And who f***in' cares if there are other Sox player who are worse than CLee--he still couldn't come through (RISP of 275 ain't NOTHING to be ecstatic about either) when we needed him and neither could most Sox players....Result? Sox pissed the game away. That was my WHOLE point even when the game was 0-0 tie....Pardon me for being right at the end.

And, yes, the very little things and lack of execution on seemingly dismissable plays early on....ONCE AGAIN came back to bite this team on it's collective ass. If we are up 3-0 as we should have been through 8 innings, Colon stays in, has enough room for error and we probably escape.....this was a 6th winnable game we tanked in the last 2 weeks...which only reinfoces another point of mine: Sox are still terrible and will be so until proven otherwise. 9-1 run in the next 10 games will be a start. Untl the STFU, will ya?

(You have no reason to be upset with me, none whatsoever. ...Keep your passive-agressive BS to yourself, k? I don't wish to fight with you, but I will if you want me to...you still haven't responded to my "correction" of your 2000 team hitting theory BTW, not that it matters in the end)