The MOMENT of TRUTH has arrived

JUGGERNAUT

I've been reading that Twins have a TON of clubhouse dissention going on right now, primarily because players like Guardado and Hawkins(who have both played with Minn their entire careers) are free agents at year's end, and have been told there wouldn't be any contract negotiations until after the season.  Pile on top of that the 10-12 players eligible for arbitration who will be going up against Carl Pohlad, and you have a whole clubhouse of guys starting to worry about next year.  Add to that the fact that they haven't playing well(didn't they lose 2 of 3 to the Brewers?  The Brewers? That's like losing 2 of 3 to the Tigers..Oh wait, I'll shut up now.) and you have a team ripe for crushing.  The Sox, based on their performance against good teams over the last couple weeks, are in a perfect position to do some serious damage.  If they don't pull very close in the next 2 weeks, I hope there is a White Flag II.

I was lookiong for some kind of beat the Sox 5-1 and they're out of it talk but non was coming. They aren't talking like front runners. They see all their problems and are trying to keep in front and pull the team together. Interesting. We're talking white flag and their talking look out.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading that Twins have a TON of clubhouse dissention going on right now, primarily because players like Guardado and Hawkins(who have both played with Minn their entire careers) are free agents at year's end, and have been told there wouldn't be any contract negotiations until after the season.  Pile on top of that the 10-12 players eligible for arbitration who will be going up against Carl Pohlad, and you have a whole clubhouse of guys starting to worry about next year.  Add to that the fact that they haven't playing well(didn't they lose 2 of 3 to the Brewers?  The Brewers? That's like losing 2 of 3 to the Tigers..Oh wait, I'll shut up now.) and you have a team ripe for crushing.  The Sox, based on their performance against good teams over the last couple weeks, are in a perfect position to do some serious damage.  If they don't pull very close in the next 2 weeks, I hope there is a White Flag II.

I was expecting that stuff to happen to the Twins. There were rumblings of that stuff starting in the off season as people didn't get extensions, and the motivation of contraction faded away. This could really start a push for them to start playing as individuals instead of a team.

This could be the series that makes or breaks this team. Part 7?

At the very least the next couple series will define the first half. Does anyone think JR would consider some personel changes at the break?

At the very least the next couple series will define the first half. Does anyone think JR would consider some personel changes at the break?

I don't think JM will have to make any changes at the break if they don't play well between now and then. KW and JR will be making changes for him.

Guest Ncorgbl

I think Eddie Einhorn might.

I think the mindset of this team right now is to relax a little and say things that appear to be lax. They showed a hell of a-lot of fire. I felt Colon struggled all day long and he still had a shutout through seven. I think since Arizona this team has come together. I do feel Jimenez may be going somewhere (AAA?) soon if he does not get hot. They appear to be playing this off as being scared as the Twins deal through their in-house s***. We do not need to fire them up as this has blown up in our face for two years. I am thinking that JM is up to some behind the scene maneuvering that these guys are buying into.

Where is Gary Glover?

I think the mindset of this team right now is to relax a little and say things that appear to be lax.  They showed a hell of a-lot of fire.  I felt Colon struggled all day long and he still had a shutout through seven.  I think since Arizona this team has come together.  I do feel Jimenez may be going somewhere (AAA?) soon if he does not get hot.  They appear to be playing this off as being scared as the Twins deal through their in-house s***.  We do not need to fire them up as this has blown up in our face for two years.  I am thinking that JM is up to some behind the scene maneuvering that these guys are buying into.

Where is Gary Glover?

Jimenez is still 3rd on the team in OBP among regulars, and he bats lefty--he ain't going nowhere. He may be brainless at times, but if the Sox are going to do anything, it's gonna have to be with him.

I think the mindset of this team right now is to relax a little and say things that appear to be lax.  They showed a hell of a-lot of fire.  I felt Colon struggled all day long and he still had a shutout through seven.  I think since Arizona this team has come together.  I do feel Jimenez may be going somewhere (AAA?) soon if he does not get hot.  They appear to be playing this off as being scared as the Twins deal through their in-house s***.  We do not need to fire them up as this has blown up in our face for two years.  I am thinking that JM is up to some behind the scene maneuvering that these guys are buying into.

Where is Gary Glover?

He's been warming up in the bullpen every game. The Sox have had a chance to win almost every game recently, so he won't come in. He is JM's concession speech.

Do you guys realize that we have to win 2 out 3 just to gain 1 game? And our record in the Baggydome is against us.

that is not news, just the inflexible logic of baseball math.

As of today the twinkies are 18-18 at home for the year, hardly unbeatable.

today's game is today's game and let's hope we win

Are we still going to ignore KC?

This is how KC's season has broke down.

16-3 start, then they went 16-29 to fall back to .500 at 32-32. Now they have won 7 of their last 9 games to get back to 5 over.

The first 19 games they played they won against inferior competion. Once their schedule balanced out they fell apart. Now during this short spurt they have run into an injured St Louis team, and a slumping fueding Twins team, now they are in Cleveland who they have owned all year.

In other words, until the Royals start to beat someone good, no I am not convinced.

Biggest reason for optimism:

We were 6.5 gb chasing the Twinks about a week ago.

We've gone 6-4 against division contenders.

We are now 5.5 gb chasing the Roys.

They've gone 8-2 vs the AL least & STL.

We're still gaining despite facing tougher competition!

6 gms from now we too will face the AL least.

Times are looking better!

I'm not being a downer but these are remarkable #'s for the Roys:

They are 15-5, 120 runs scored, 71 runs given up in their last 20.

That's an rpg avg of 10 & and an rpa of nearly 4.

We need some help from the rest of the league to catch them.

I never gave up the ship.

We we're treading water for a while, but I was bailing it out while the SOX were patching holes.

There's still too much water (haven't reached .500 yet) but progress is looking good. With less water to bail, the ship is picking up steam & all are smiling! :D

GO WHITE SOX !

4.5 gb baby!

btw, along the way we came across

the scrubs boat & lauched a few cannon balls their way. Slowed them down considerably :lol:

I'll drink to that matey! :cheers

PS> This was a 8X (Pirates of the Carribean) theme post.

The Royals are playing way over their head. They f***ing suck.

For all I care, we are 3.5 back of the real first place team right now. If we keep going like this, and the Twinkies get back to the way they can play, both teams will win around 90-95 games. The Royals will finish at or slightly above/below .500.

They are a pretender, not a contender. They don't have the talent, experience, or depth to stay in this thing.

But Tony Pena is a hell of a manager.

What I find scary about the Twins is that if they trade one of Radke/Mays/Reed, they could be right back in this thing. They would be getting rid of a s***ty pitcher, and Johan Santana would join the rotation. As about everyone here knows, he's a hell of a starting pitcher and is dangerous as hell. And then they'll add any schmuck to their pen and he'll work out in the end.