02/28/07: White Sox vs. Rockies Game Thread!

Steve9347

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
One question would be is how Buerhle's velocity progresses this spring. Last year he was in the low to mid 80s. 2 years ago he was 88-90 for the most part. That little bit of velocity is huge for Buerhle. If he sits at 83-85 he better have pinpoint control.

He did, he found nearly every bat.

It may be bad baseball but it's better than no baseball!!!!!!!

Oh no, the seasons over. Last place.

For the first two weeks of spring training, pitchers should not pitch well. They should be working on pitches they cannot throw properly, or pitches they have troubles with. Throwing the pitches they already know they can pitch is beyond stupid.

It's practice for a reason.

So this is exactly what I expected to see.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
Oh no, the seasons over. Last place.

For the first two weeks of spring training, pitchers should not pitch well. They should be working on pitches they cannot throw properly, or pitches they have troubles with. Throwing the pitches they already know they can pitch is beyond stupid.

It's practice for a reason.

So this is exactly what I expected to see.

you're right, and if people recall, it's the teams that have "great" spring trainings early on that have horrible seasons, because the bad players are trying to prove something

Give Pods a run for his money there Darin nice K on the hit and run. Uribe with a SB though, 1-out.

This interview is hilarious. How did Buerhle give up four runs.......sounds like he did everything right.

Iguchi with a 2B. I think they need to let him hit and knock off the small ball crap. He is their most consistent hitter period.

6-2 B3 1 out man on second. Thome 2B.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Please...someone send a memo to some of these posters that it IS FEBRUARY. If you are going to be this intense when the seasons starts lawd help ya. I'd like to see Mark get it going early in spring, but no reason to jump the ledge right now.

I think most are being tongue in cheek...i hope

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Please...someone send a memo to some of these posters that it IS FEBRUARY. If you are going to be this intense when the seasons starts lawd help ya. I'd like to see Mark get it going early in spring, but no reason to jump the ledge right now.

Come on it adds some levity.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)

hahaha yeah well, i think you've been here long enough to know that the voice of reason gets run out of town on a rail once the sox take the field