Ozuna, Thornton extended.

JDsDirtySox

Per Rotoworld:

White Sox agreed to terms with infielder Pablo Ozuna on a one-year, $1.25 million contract extension through 2008 with a club option for 2009.

The 32-year-old Ozuna is making $800,000 this year and would have been arbitration eligible again in 2008. 2009 is his first year of free agency. There's little upside to this deal, and the possibility exists that he'll have a bad year and the White Sox will want him gone in 2008. Still, they're not risking much.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Per Rotoworld:

White Sox agreed to terms with infielder Pablo Ozuna on a one-year, $1.25 million contract extension through 2008 with a club option for 2009.

The 32-year-old Ozuna is making $800,000 this year and would have been arbitration eligible again in 2008. 2009 is his first year of free agency. There's little upside to this deal, and the possibility exists that he'll have a bad year and the White Sox will want him gone in 2008. Still, they're not risking much.

We're all waiting to hear about Gooch, Dye or Buehrle signings before the deadline, and we get an Ozuna extension?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
I like it. Ozuna is a great guy off the bench, and if we can't keep Iguchi, I wouldn't Ozuna getting the majority of the playing time at 2B in 08.

If for some reason we couldn't keep Gooch, which would be a real loss, I'd definitely take Ozuna over any of our current in-system options at 2B.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
If for some reason we couldn't keep Gooch, which would be a real loss, I'd definitely take Ozuna over any of our current in-system options at 2B.

Just to let you know, I forgot to put "mind" into that one sentence... It really supposed to say "I wouldn't MIND Ozuna get the majority of the playing time"

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
love the Thornton signing, not a fan of Ozuna. A weak defensive player whose game is entirely dependent upon his average is just not a guy I'm a huge fan of.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
If you don't like Ozuna, you suck...and I hate you.

haha

I like watching him play, I just don't like him as a player. This isn't an all out dislike for him such as Podsednik, more or less that he's at great risk to be unproductive.

Nobody hustles harder or plays with more energy than Ozuna. I like it! He's a great pinch runner and he can also lay down the bunt better than most on the team. I really like the new group 4 this year. Its just a shame that Hall had to go down like that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
If you don't like Ozuna, you suck...and I hate you.

I'm fine with him when he's at his real position, but his lack of a batting eye and any defensive skills whatsoever in the outfield give me nightmares.

I also love his hustle and heart, don't get me wrong.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
I'm fine with him when he's at his real position, but his lack of a batting eye and any defensive skills whatsoever in the outfield give me nightmares.

That's why he is an infielder by trade :D

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 05:29 PM)

I thought we were discussing him as an infielder. My bad. I dislike him as an outfielder, too, but it's picking your poison between him and Pods.