Contreras Rumor

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
Still no info? Anyway, if it's true, my heart goes out to Jose becausthe idea of this is sad.

Given the source was a poster on SSS, with no citation or source mentioned... I think there is a good chance this turns out to be baseless.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't see how in the world he would get served papers in the clubhouse. They wouldn't let Carlton Fisk in the clubhouse during the 1993 playoffs. No way they'd let a process server in. I don't buy it.
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Process servers are legal like supeonas and most likely would be allowed to enter the clubhouse.

Fisk was released in the summer of 93 and showed up to the playoffs and they wouldn't let him in the clubhouse.

She would not, as a matter of normal business, have a say in when the paper was served. If he wasn't living at their home, or if for some reason the home was impossible to enter, then being served at work would happen. Servers do not want to be chasing people all over the place. I have also heard where the two attorney's will get together and arrange for the paper to be served.

I won't take sides, being a spouse of someone who travels extensively and who has women tossing themselves at his feet, must be very stressful. It seems that more athletes are less than wonderful husbands.

After hearing DJ repeat last night numerous times that Contreras seems like he has something bothering him, this rumor sounds very legit. It was almost as if DJ was trying to tell us there was a reason behind the way Contreras looked, but that he couldn't tell us publicly what it was.

Its not conclusive but you can look at the current Court cases on the Circuit Court Website (provided she filed in Cook County)

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcou...eras&CDate=

As you can see it is not listed, the one Jose case pro se (without attorney) and does not involve children.

As for special process servers, they can be dicks, they can be nice. It depends on the message your trying to get across.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
Really?!? Ya ever been through one?...with kids involved?!?

Sorry...just seems like a really stupid thing to say unless you've ever been in one. They have a MAJOR effect on everything you do...no matter what profession you're in.

As for Oz bringin' up somebody's personal life....the dude was just trying to cover Count's back to take a little heat off of him. I think it should have been brought up...it's a big thing.

I agree, that really was an ass of a comment

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Feel bad for him but that is life!

Wow...I hope you never go through one. Because it feels like it's the end of your life, especially if you aren't expecting it. Doesn't matter if someone screwed up or not.

Those of you who haven't been touched by or been through a divorce should just stay out of this thread unless they have something to say about baseball...not blame or harsh comments about it "being life."

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
Wow...I hope you never go through one. Because it feels like it's the end of your life, especially if you aren't expecting it. Doesn't matter if someone screwed up or not.

Those of you who haven't been touched by or been through a divorce should just stay out of this thread unless they have something to say about baseball...not blame or harsh comments about it "being life."

Sometimes divorce can be quite pleasant, a blessing in disguise. Judging from the way Contreras pitched last night, this could be one of those cases. Addition by marital subtraction.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
Sometimes divorce can be quite pleasant, a blessing in disguise. Judging from the way Contreras pitched last night, this could be one of those cases. Addition by marital subtraction.

Divorce is never pleasant.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
She would not, as a matter of normal business, have a say in when the paper was served. If he wasn't living at their home, or if for some reason the home was impossible to enter, then being served at work would happen. Servers do not want to be chasing people all over the place. I have also heard where the two attorney's will get together and arrange for the paper to be served.

I won't take sides, being a spouse of someone who travels extensively and who has women tossing themselves at his feet, must be very stressful. It seems that more athletes are less than wonderful husbands.

But they would have to get through security to serve him in the clubhouse. I just don't see that happening.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
How do we know the divorce isn't deserved? What if Jose was cheating on her? Would you still feel bad for him?

/Devil's Advocate.

As long as he wasn't hitting her too hard and was only cheating on her during away games, I can't see how it could possibly be the Bronze Titan's fault.

Whatever the deal with Contreras, I was just glad to see him pitch well last night. We're going to need him to be a major factor this year and with his outing on Opening Day, few of us were optimistic about what kind of season he is going to have. After last night, I feel a bit better about Jose.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
How do we know the divorce isn't deserved? What if Jose was cheating on her? Would you still feel bad for him?

/Devil's Advocate.

It's already been brought up, and I still don't see how that changes the fact that the timing of it is horrible.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
Whatever the deal with Contreras, I was just glad to see him pitch well last night. We're going to need him to be a major factor this year and with his outing on Opening Day, few of us were optimistic about what kind of season he is going to have. After last night, I feel a bit better about Jose.

I know you probably have a good post, but I cant take my eyes off your sig...