F*** Yo Couch N****

Top Notch

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
So if it turns out it was a translation 'error' from China, does the family file a civil rights lawsuit against China, or just stick with the locals that they can more easily reach?

Im sure theres some sort of chain of command of who to sue. Im sure Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have it written down in their wallets so its easily accessible.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
My thoughts exactly. This is on par with the member of the Rutgers bball team who said she'd be scarred for life.

I don't know about that. I'd feel weird sitting on a couch that had a label that said "Pollack Red". Or what if you were hispanic and the label was "Wetback Beige"; for Jews "k*** Gold" etc. You get the point. Just because you aren't offended by the color in this story doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't be. If I were African American and received that couch I wouldn't want it anymore. Not sure that I see a parallel with the Rutgers comments from Imus.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Religion, race, gender aside I dont think my couch could taunt me enough where I wouldnt want to sit on it because it reminded me of anything. Sounds like theyre making unnecessary drama.

Another reason I would return it is because I would't want to have someone earning my money while they are insulting me. There are a million other couches to choose from that aren't insulting to anyone.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
If I was her, I would probably return the couch.

I'd probably take full advantage of this opportunity knowing that free furniture would be coming my way, nonetheless, I wouldn't look at the couch or sit in the couch and think "Oh... My... God.. that couch... is a n***** couch!"

I would return it. Not because I would be haunted but I wouldn't support any of the companies in that chain. The one that sold it to me didn't look, or if they did, they ignored it. The manufacturer screwed up, I doubt some Chinese worker was racist, it was probably a bad translation and anyone who has looked at documents knows how these can go bad. I remember one that was being translated from English to what we speak. The school supply list included condoms, the person though rubbers was too rough of a word and "cleaned it up". She didn't wonder why 4th graders were being asked to bring condoms. (rubbers=erasers)