Anyone else watching the C*bs implode?

sf_soxfan

Still new around here, so i am not sure if the mere mentioning of them is verboten, but they are in the midst of a fantastic implosion! Zambrano completely sh*t the bed...reliever walked in the tying and winning runs for the Reds.

Cotts looked good.

His control is as good or better than it ever was here, and he's reintroduced his changeup to his repertoire.

You'll remember that was the pitch that continually got him in trouble in '04. He dropped it in '05, and was suddenly very effective. Anyway he was locating it at the bottom of the zone where it couldn't hurt him, but could change the batters eye.

I also saw one loopy curveball dropped over for a strike at about 76MPH. He only threw a mid-80's pitch that I called a slurve when he was here.

He'll be very effective this season if he can continue to pitch like I saw today.

Cubs just fell apart, Reds starting hitting Big Z, and that ball dropped between Soriano and Theriot in OF, kept going downhill, it was fun to watch lol.

When Carlos gets frustrated hes terrible.

And now Cubs are stuck facing some tough arms in the Reds pen.

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
lol did anyone see cedeno take out soriano, after soriano broke back up a pop up? man their defense is so s***ty.

haha Soriano asleep at the wheel again, thats two pick offs.

Yeah, Soriano's having a horrible start to the season. He misread the ball flight, breaking back before realizing he had to come in to make a play. His bad read is the reason he couldn't make the catch coming in on the ball, and definitely had a negative effect on the inning. The Cubs would still probably be winning this game if Soriano's defense doesn't fail.

Soriano also cost his team a good scoring chance a couple innings later when he got picked off first base with one out. The next hitter, Theriot singled. The Cubs failed to score that inning.

Soriano has less home runs on the year than Podsednik and Zambrano.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
yeah... I was watching that. Weurtz pulled a lesser version of a David Aardsma. Those were 3 straight terrible AB's by the Reds though.

Yeah, Wuertz did one hell of a job pitching out of that based loaded jam by striking out the side.

Cotts has looked good this season also. He pitched two scoreless innings today.

Piniella has been using his young, promising outfielder, Matt Murton like Guillen's been using his young, promising outfielder, Brian Anderson.

With the Reds leading by one run in the bottom of the 9th, manager Jerry Narron goes to his bench to put Ryan Freel in CF and takes out his worst defender, Adam Dunn.

Hmmm.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
But I thought Zambrano was going to win the Cy Young and was the second best pitcher behind Johan Santana.

:lol:

i still say if zambrano comes to the AL, his bulls*** wont fly. he wont be able to walk the 7th and 8th hitter to get to the weak hitting pitcher.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
With the Reds leading by one run in the bottom of the 9th, manager Jerry Narron goes to his bench to put Ryan Freel into CF and takes out his worst defender, Adam Dunn.

Hmmm.

Well there goes Griffey's ego. Put him on suicide watch!!!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Well there goes Griffey's ego. Put him on suicide watch!!!

Griffey was in RF all game. Narron took Dunn out of LF, Freel went to center, and I'm not sure who played LF in the 9th.

Narron took out Dunn, but Guillen couldn't take out Podsednik's bat. :bang

Piniella's visibly upset in the postgame interview. Rips on Ohman for throwing 40-foot curves.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK ISN'T WORKING? YOU'VE SEEN THE DAMN GAME" -Piniella answering the question, "What do you think went wrong in today's game?" :lol:

Comcast.

Edited by shoota

Wow, horrible managing. You are up by 5 runs entering the 5th, then you let your starting pitching do the following before pulling him:

J. Castro singled to center

C. Moeller singled to center

B. Phillips walked

J. Hamilton singled to right, J. Castro and C. Moeller scored

A. Dunn singled to center, B. Phillips scored

K. Griffey Jr. doubled to right, J. Hamilton scored

E. Encarnacion hit by pitch

5 hits, 1 walk, 1 HBP, and 4 runs. Then the two inherited runners score on walks from the next reliever, and you leave the inning down by one.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Griffey was in RF all game. Narron took Dunn out of LF, Freel went to center, and I'm not sure who played LF in the 9th.

Narron took out Dunn, but Guillen couldn't take out Podsednik's bat. :bang

Piniella's visibly upset in the postgame interview. Rips on Ohman for throwing 40-foot curves.

"WHAT THE HELL ISN'T WORKING? YOU'VE SEEN THE DAMN GAME" -Piniella answering the question, "What do you think went wrong in today's game?" :lol:

Comcast.

The starting OF was LF Dunn, CF Hamilton, RF Griffey. Dunn came out, Hamilton move to LF and Freel came in to play CF - ending OF of LF Hamilton, CF Freel, RF Griffey. Griffey has been playing RF all season long. He hasn't been playing CF at all and won't be.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
How many rings has Jerry Narron won??

Freel is their starting center fielder. Coming in as a defensive replacement on a day off should almost be expected.

Narron had his best defensive outfield playing in the 9th inning of a one-run game at the expense of losing one of his team's best hitters, Adam Dunn. Guillen chose not to have his best defensive outfield play in the 9th inning of a one-run game.

Jerry Narron's Reds won; Guillen's Sox lost.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Did Piniella got nuts in the post-game? If he's blowing up already, he'll be dead way before this team ever wins the big one.

Seriously, he'll have a heart attack if he goes off every time the Chicago Cubs implode

"The Cubs are who I thought they were!"

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
and even he can make basic managing 101 moves.

Hahahaha. Oh yes, I wish we had him instead of Ozzie, please!!!!!!!

When will the stupidity stop?

On a sane note. Zambrano said in the postgame that a more experienced CF'er would have gotten to those balls that dropped. Way to already call out your prized FA signing.