White Sox vs. Rangers, 4/18/07 (W) ~Buehrle No-Hitter~

FWIW, we're in for another long evening tonight. The Sox are woeful against Kevin Millwood, despite their 2-0 record against him.

In 5 games started against the White Sox in his career, Millwood has a 1.32 ERA with a 0.97 WHIP and 26 strikeouts compared to 4 walks in 34.0 IP.

He has never given up a homerun to the Chicago White Sox, which is the only way we score these days, solo homeruns.

Buehrle, we need 8 shutout innings from you to have a prayer tonight...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
In 5 games started against the White Sox in his career, Millwood has a 1.32 ERA with a 0.97 WHIP and 26 strikeouts compared to 4 walks in 34.0 IP.

I'll take these chances any day of the week over Sabathia, Santana, or any rookie pitcher we havent faced yet.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
Buehrle's going to prove he should be the ace and will go out and help this team to a win.

I've got this one.

MBINAA

that'll save someone else the trouble.

I heart Mark, though.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
Yes, the groundouts to first are f***ing awesome!

Personally, I thought the endless pop outs to the shallow part of the outfield yesterday were primo! (Where the heck is that rolling eye smiley when you need it haha.)

We should sign this kid. He is grinder in waiting. He is white, probably not that good at baseball all parts of the formula for being a grinder. Probably can slam himself into a wall, or hit a nice classic 4-3 ground out. Plus the kid is a ninja, and can probably throw a flying star at the first baseman before he catches the ball. Think about the hit and run possibilities. This is exactly what we need on offense right now, a minigrinder ninja. He lookes like Aaron Rowand and Erstad had a lab created grinder child.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
How long is Erstad going to be in the lineup under the mendoza line?

This is mind-boggling. Didn't Ozzie make some sort of comment late in ST about players needing to get the job done or else they'd be replaced? Erstad has been atrocious.