Went to an Iowa Cubs game tonight....

Heads22

It was actually really enjoyable. Les Walrond pitched a really good game, and it was a really nice environment. Had the standard drunk Cubs fans, but a group bought hot dogs and handed them out to everyone. It's neat going to a game I'm not emotionally invested in, cause I can just enjoy the baseball experience. Any of you ever been to an I-Cubs game?

Never been to an Iowa Cubs game, but I have been to quite a few minor league games in general. There is a still innocent atmosphere at these places, which is hard to find anymore. We are pretty lucky out here to have nice parks and organizations in both Gary and South Bend to take in for fairly cheap.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
Love minor league games, love Iowa. Can't wait to see the Field of Dreams this year (RAGBRAI goes right by it).

Be prepared to be surrounded by Cubs fans. The day the wife and I went, 95% of the people there were wearing Cubs jerseys.

i've been to a few columbus clipper games. usually a good time. cheap beer, good baseball, and rarely croweded. cooper stadium is pretty cruddy, but they're building a new stadium downtown that should be pretty sweet.

I went to a bunch of Beloit Brewers games in the early 90's and it's a lot of fun.

We almost never paid to get in - someone was usually handing free tickets through the chain-link fence.

Food was very affordable, and lots of families there.

I may have to head back across the Cheesy Divide this summer for a game (they're called the Beloit Snappers now)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
Iowa Cubs play in Des Moines?

um... they did when I lived in Iowa. They played at Sec Taylor. Maybe that's changed, I don't know.

EDIT: They play in "Principal Park" in downtown DSM.

Edited by NorthSideSox72