Tim Lincecum

IamPabloOzuna

When are the giants going to bring up Tim Lincecum?

at AAA Fresno

Date OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO

Apr 07 POR 1 0 0.00 0 5.0 2 0 3 8

Apr 12 TAC 1 0 0.00 0 7.0 4 0 2 9

Apr 17 @TAC 0 0 0.00 0 6.2 3 0 0 11

Apr 23 TUC 1 0 1.42 0 6.1 0 1 6 4

Apr 29 CSP 1 0 0.00 0 6.0 3 0 0 14

Totals 4 0 0.29 0 31.0 12 1 11 46

supposedly has high-90 heat...and i wouldn't worry about april 23 and his 6 walks, still only gave up one run (his only run of the season).

46 Ks in 31 IP... hawk says :hawk:

QUOTE(IamPabloOzuna @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
46 Ks in 31 IP...

And he's doing it in the PCL -- a hitter's league. His numbers, small sample size caveat, are simply awesome. I'm not sure that King Felix posted better numbers when he was down there.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
If Armondo gets himself hurt... there is a chance they might make him close. :huh

Yeah, thats what my brother said whos a big Giants fan, um dont ask lol.

I keep hearing he gets the call in June. Right now Russ Ortiz isnt doing too hot but they are managing to win games he pitches in so we might not see Tim for a while.

QUOTE(IamPabloOzuna @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
please tell me im not the only one who doesnt like this idea...the kid needs to start, hes fire...electric...absolutely unhittable

Lincecum should have started the season as the #5.

Either him or Jonathan Sanchez.

The Giants are just stupid. The based everything of Spring Statistics and Ortiz had a pretty good spring.

It won't be long until Lincecum is in the rotation.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:23 AM)
I don't even think its a shot on the Sox. I just think it sounds flat out stupid to make a statement, almost implying the Sox did something wrong to be at 25. The Giants can have Tim Lincecum and the number 10 pick, I'll take my 90 wins and the number 25 pick.

You might be right. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. I thought he really thought he was taken at #25.

QUOTE(SABR Sox @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)
Lincecum should have started the season as the #5.

Yeah, that's a realistic statement. Let's have a guy in his first full season, who hadn't yet pitched above A ball, start in the Majors. Hindsight is 20/20.

As a sidenote, I remember he was a top 3 talent, but injury concerns (durability) and the fact that a lot of scouts projected him as a closer dropped him to 10.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even think its a shot on the Sox. I just think it sounds flat out stupid to make a statement, almost implying the Sox did something wrong to be at 25. The Giants can have Tim Lincecum and the number 10 pick, I'll take my 90 wins and the number 25 pick.

Actually Lincecum was drafted in 2006 so if the Sox wanted to be anywhere near in the position to draft him, they would have to be one of the 10 worst teams in 2005.

I'm calling out anyone who is willing to make that sacrifice for Lincecum. You are not a Sox fan, and you don't know jack s*** about baseball.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Actually Lincecum was drafted in 2006 so if the Sox wanted to be anywhere near in the position to draft him, they would have to be one of the 10 worst teams in 2005.

I'm calling out anyone who is willing to make that sacrifice for Lincecum. You are not a Sox fan, and you don't know jack s*** about baseball.

We could just trade them AJ... :bang

Per Rotoworld...

Giants placed RHP Russ Ortiz on the 15-game disabled list, retroactive to May 2, with elbow neuritis in his right arm.

Could it be Tim Lincecum time? There hasn't been any indication yet, but it'd be hard to pick anyone else to replace him in the rotation. If Lincecum comes up and pitches well, Ortiz shouldn't have a spot once he's ready to return. May. 3 - 7:32 pm et

Looks like a callup is on the horizon...can't imagine the Giants not giving the kid the opportunity

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 3, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Per Rotoworld...

Giants placed RHP Russ Ortiz on the 15-game disabled list, retroactive to May 2, with elbow neuritis in his right arm.

Could it be Tim Lincecum time? There hasn't been any indication yet, but it'd be hard to pick anyone else to replace him in the rotation. If Lincecum comes up and pitches well, Ortiz shouldn't have a spot once he's ready to return. May. 3 - 7:32 pm et

Looks like a callup is on the horizon...can't imagine the Giants not giving the kid the opportunity

Well the whole world will see him if he pitches sunday, the games on ESPN.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
How is his delivery "illegal"?

I googled it and came up with this link (includes video and frame-by-frame link as well):

Lincecum's delivery

The sticking point is that he has an extremely long step forward, which causes him to leave the rubber a little bit before the pitch is delivered.

I personally don't really see the issue, every pitcher's back foot leaves the rubber roughly at the point of release, it's part of the mechanics of delivering the pitch. Also, I'm not sure exactly what rule that is breaking, strictly speaking the only ruling governing the rubber is that the pitcher must start his delivery from there.