General Reaction to Tall People

SoxFan1

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 2, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
At 6'5" your just tall, but on the same token there are people who are short, too. I just think, hey that guys pretty tall and think nothing more about. But at school when I see 6'5" guys who are big (athletically big) I think I bet he is an O-lineman.

actually, for athletically big guys, I think DLine right away. For rounder, less lean guys I see OLine. Maybe that's what I get for going to a D2 (going on D1AA) school.

Jeez, I was just trying to make conversation.....

:lol:

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
I remember reading once that the average height for a human has gone up over the years. It said that the average man today wouldn't fit in an average-sized suit of armor from the medevil times.

I dunno about the suit of armor, but I know I'd have a hell of a time trying to squeeze into the old-time codpieces. :bang

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
Jealousy. I hate being short. When we were kids, my sister wanted to be short and I wanted to be tall. Well, she is 5'10 and I am 5'3 lol.

you received the better hair . . .

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
MEN

USA 5 ft 9.4 in 20-74

USA 5 ft 10.9 in 20-39 non-Hispanic whites

USA 5 ft 11.7 in 20-39 non-Hispanic blacks

USA 5 ft 5.8 in 20-39 Mexican Americans

I'm average. I think I'm just under 5'10". Which is quite amazing considering my parents are both around 5'5". I'm taller than pretty much everyone on my dad's side of the family.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 2, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
happygilmoresabatoge11.jpg = SoxFan1's pops!?

:lol: My pops is about 6'0 even. Only tall people in my family are a couple of my dad's cousins, who are about 6'10.

Edited by SoxFan1

I don't think 6'5" is really tall (I'm 6'4", and I don't consider myself tall), but my dad is 6'8" and my brother is 6'7", so I grew up with height in the family. I guess I don't really think about it when I see a tall person, other than "hey, they are about as tall as my dad".