Obama with another gem of a quote

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:03 AM)
I agree with Kap that Bush tried to do the right thing. I really think he allowed his morality and integrity to guide decisions. I see a lot of parallels with Carter. I also believe that while 9/11 was his brightest moment, it also was the beginning of a long terrible slide. And perhaps any other human would have also slid. Perhaps at that moment he realized that while he was the most powerful person on the planet, he was also just one person and the world is a large and dangerous place, that he would not be able to control.

I actually think that if they did a poll on this, the vast majority of Americans would agree with you (and me, I agree 110 percent with this). I really think most people think (and are right to think) that Bush probably isn't a bad guy at all personally. He simply has been a horrendous president, and part of the problem might be circumstances caused by 9/11 itself that anybody would have had trouble with. That is why in certain respects I do feel bad for him, because I don't think he's just a horrible person trying to suck at his job this bad, I really think he's trying to do the right thing and it just ends up being way off, in part due to how pigheaded and stubborn he is. The Carter parallels are for sure there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:28 AM)
The one major difference between Carter and Bush is the economy. The bottom line is, if the economy were the same in 2004 as it was in 1980, JFK II would have won in a landslide.

The interesting this is how similar many of the economic conditions in both eras were.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:03 AM)
But if I had to leave my kids with Dubya or Slick Willy for a week, I'd rather they be with Dubya.

Yeah, I'd rather have my daughter act like the bush twins over chelsea clinton too.

QUOTE(Damen @ May 15, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
Yeah, I'd rather have my daughter act like the bush twins over chelsea clinton too.

I hate to break it to you but Chelsea (during her Oxford days) at the same age did the same stuff that the Bush twins did, so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. Frankly, I don't care what they did. It has nothing to do with the point that was made.

QUOTE(Damen @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)

I guess you would also rather have her intimately aquainted with a cigar. Get over your BDS, will ya? He will be gone shortly.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
I hate to break it to you but Chelsea at the same age did the same stuff that the Bush twins did (during her Oxford days), so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply.

Did she? I don't remember her getting in trouble, but its not something I really care to remember. Anyway, i'm not trying to get into a discussion about who's a better parent, it was just a joke.

By the way, what is BDS?

QUOTE(Damen @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
Did she? I don't remember her getting in trouble, but its not something I really care to remember. Anyway, i'm not trying to get into a discussion about who's a better parent, it was just a joke.

By the way, what is BDS?

Bush Derangement Syndrome