No Fireworks?!?!?!?

Shamrock4Life

Anybody know why there weren't any fireworks after AJ's homer? I mean its a pretty big deal, like not signing the national anthem before the game.

My guess is wind, but anybody know for sure?

EDIT:so just read the times and it was because of dag day? what a crock.

Edited by Shamrock4Life

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 12, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)
Yeah, I was really looking forward to ~500 dogs freaking the f*** out, and runing on to the field.

I actually would of laughed my ass off all nigh at that sight!

Dog Day is the dumbest promotion of all time. Now I know the Sox get some media attention from it, so it's worth it from their end. But why in the world would a person want to bring their dog to a ballgame? To share the thrill of being in a big crowd and then laying on cold concrete for three hours?

Here's an idea...leave your dog at home and bring a friend or a kid to the game.

It's ridiculous not to have fireworks for the pregame intro, home runs and victory celebration because some people feel compelled to bring their dog to a ballgame. What's next? Bringing your dog to a restaurant? To church? To the dentist? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

It's too bad all the kids and the rest of the fans couldn't enjoy the full Sox game experience because of people who feel compelled to treat their dog like a cute accessory to their own personality. You feel like parading your dog in the company of other like-minded people? Try a dog show.

Excuse me if I bring a pack of fireworks to your next dog training class. To each their own, right?

If I was a kid, I'd be thrilled to go to the ballgame with my dog, and a bunch of other dogs. I can tell you obviously never had a dog, because if you did, he'd be practically a best friend to you. That saying isn't a lie.

And who cares about fireworks. The load bangs and the smoke probably scare the kids more then anything.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
If I was a kid, I'd be thrilled to go to the ballgame with my dog, and a bunch of other dogs. I can tell you obviously never had a dog, because if you did, he'd be practically a best friend to you. That saying isn't a lie.

And who cares about fireworks. The load bangs and the smoke probably scare the kids more then anything.

I can only speak for myself, but I've been bringing my daughter to the park since she was 3 and she's always loved the fireworks.

And while I personally would never have taken my dog to a ballgame (just not my thing), a lot of people seem to love it. I just find out when the promotions I dislike are happening (dog day, rat pack night, elvis night, and mullet night come to mind) and avoid those games. The way I see it, that's at least 3 more tickets available for those who want to attend those promotions, and I don't have to deal with something I don't like. Win/Win.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:42 AM)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)

My wife and I were there too, we didn't know it, but it was Catholic elementary school night too so we had about 4 solid rows of 5th graders behind us. They were all disappointed when there were no fireworks after AJ's HR, but at least they stopped yelling "Lets Go White Sox" for about 30 seconds. On the whole, they followed the pizza races more than the game, but seemed to all have a great time.

Anyone else notice how strong Jenks looked against Sweeney? I just looked at it on game day and they have him at 98 mph. So there were fireworks, if you count AJ's bomb and Bobby Jenks' smoke.

QUOTE(BainesHOF @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
Dog Day is the dumbest promotion of all time. Now I know the Sox get some media attention from it, so it's worth it from their end. But why in the world would a person want to bring their dog to a ballgame? To share the thrill of being in a big crowd and then laying on cold concrete for three hours?

Here's an idea...leave your dog at home and bring a friend or a kid to the game.

It's ridiculous not to have fireworks for the pregame intro, home runs and victory celebration because some people feel compelled to bring their dog to a ballgame. What's next? Bringing your dog to a restaurant? To church? To the dentist? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

It's too bad all the kids and the rest of the fans couldn't enjoy the full Sox game experience because of people who feel compelled to treat their dog like a cute accessory to their own personality. You feel like parading your dog in the company of other like-minded people? Try a dog show.

Excuse me if I bring a pack of fireworks to your next dog training class. To each their own, right?

I didn't grow up having a dog, and I'm really not all that big on pets, although my sister has two Westies and they're nice enough I wouldn't rule out owning one someday.

I work in retail and people bring their dogs in all the time, which is a health code and safety no-no, of course if they're medical assist dogs. Yesterday I saw some woman with a little yappy dog on a regular leash, and the dog was wearing a medical assist vest with a patch.

Of course it's not fair to single her out, I live in a whole city full of people who think rules are for everyone else.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ May 14, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
i hate it when people bring their dog ONTO the plane. I should be able to bring on an Irish Wolfhound if that b**** is allowed to bring that rat onto the plane.

LMAO at the idea of an Irish Wolfhound on a plane.

Pooka would be more spooked by the other dogs rather than the fireworks. He'd also be too busy whoring himself out to score treats and belly rubs.

While, I've never taken my dog and don't think I ever would put up with dragging her around all night, I LOVE the idea of dog day - It reaks of Bill Veeck and keeping those kinds of crazy promotions alive and makes it worth not having fireworks for one night.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:07 AM)
LMAO at the idea of an Irish Wolfhound on a plane.

Pooka would be more spooked by the other dogs rather than the fireworks. He'd also be too busy whoring himself out to score treats and belly rubs.

Laugh, but I sat next to a German Sheppard on a flight a few weeks ago. He was a rescue dog, and allowed to fly in the cabin. Very well behaved.