White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well yeah, but we never actually had that team, lol. And if we turned down Maggs and Rauch for Andruw, I think KW should have been fired on the spot for that err in judgement.

There was more to it from the Sox side, and the Braves were waiting to see Maggs before making the move. Jones still had about about $40 million left on the table with his contract so it wasn't such an easy call.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
Let me say that KW really doesn't have a whole lot of say in the draft, so lets not kill him for the minor league system being so bad.

He employs those responsible for developing players. It's his responsibility, even if it isn't directly, to find the right personnel to build up a farm system capable of competing with those within the division.

Anyways, Williams IS placing himself in the draft this year. All decisions end with him.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
He employs those responsible for developing players. It's his responsibility, even if it isn't directly, to find the right personnel to build up a farm system capable of competing with those within the division.

You make a good point.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Why do I smell Mark Buehrle for Lastings Milledge and some middle of the road pitcher?

Hell, the Mets are really down on Milledge right now, and you could probably get him and another prospect. I would like to see Milledge and Phillip Humber. If not Humber Deolis Guerra wouldn't be a bad fit.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
Hell, the Mets are really down on Milledge right now, and you could probably get him and another prospect. I would like to see Milledge and Phillip Humber. If not Humber Deolis Guerra wouldn't be a bad fit.

They're also down on Mike Pelfry with the way he has pitched. Maybe we could work something out...

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
They're also down on Mike Pelfry with the way he has pitched. Maybe we could work something out...

Just because they sent him down doesn't mean they are high on him. Supposedly Milledge is in their doghouse.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
Just because they sent him down doesn't mean they are high on him. Supposedly Milledge is in their doghouse.

Well, he's not in their dog house like Milledge, but his trade value is no where near where it was over the preseason and trade deadline last year.