White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
what a stomach punch game, what an absolutely horrible losing streak. I could accept it so much more if the Sox just got flat out beat, but to beat themselves that many times is sad....

oh, for some of the other posters... golly gee, shucks, what a good effort, we'll get them tomorrow

I agree but you know we are just negative, sorry the truth hurts sometimes. :bringit

QUOTE(zenryan @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
f*** this team.

if this team would have shown up the past 5 games, we would have been in 2nd place.

get KW outta here.

Great point, against TB and Minn while Det and Cle played each other and Cle lost 2 of 3 to Bos... the crapping down our leg in the Minn series was the worse

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know it's bad when I hold Kenny Williams more accountable for this team sucking than Ozzie Guillen.

But really the guys you couldn't move aren't contributing. Konerko, Dye (getting there,) Iguchi are huge factors to this team and yet the best way our coaches can explain it is to "look at the back of their baseball cards." I thought Ozzie said to quit living in the past.

Crede needs to be left behind. The Sox saw it in Loaiza, yet missed it completely with Joe.

Pods isn't hurting this team, but he really is a waste of $2.9 million. The Erstad signing wasn't necessary, and now that is looking like a waste of money.

Someone needs to be put on notice. Perhaps he/they have and it hasn't been released, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
lol.

So we admit he can't manage in-game...but WHERE THE f*** are his off the field tactics that are so great?

We're a 100 million dollar payroll team that has played at a pace around 59 and 72 over our last 131 games.

KW has had the highest payroll in the AL central every year since 2001 and has won one division. He needs to go, its his time. Clean out the organization, its clear we are not headed in a great direction. Our minor leagues are horrible and our major league team is old and slow, worst possible combo. Promote Rick Hahn who is a more numbers guy and not a feel guy and lets see where he takes us.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
KW has had the highest payroll in the AL central every year since 2001 and has won one division. He needs to go, its his time. Clean out the organization, its clear we are not headed in a great direction. Our minor leagues are horrible and our major league team is old and slow, worst possible combo. Promote Rick Hahn who is a more numbers guy and not a feel guy and lets see where he takes us.

Agreed on all counts.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
"WE ARE CHICAGO BASEBALL"

There is no baseball in Chicago this year. It's all garbage.

I completely agree...

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
Mark is going to get a s***load of $$ this offseason. I will miss him.

Might as well trade him to a conteder and get a big time prospect for him... Possible suiters are the Mets and Braves, and then there is always the Cards, but they probably wouldn't make a move until the offseason as they suck now anyway.

Never have been a KW backer but his smugass can go!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
Why do I smell Mark Buehrle for Lastings Milledge and some middle of the road pitcher?

If we can make that middle of the road pitcher someone decent, then I'd have no problem. Of course, KW has to know that Buehrle won't be back then. Lastings is the type of high ceiling athlete we severely lack, and he also has the charisma to spark a team.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
If we can make that middle of the road pitcher someone decent, then I'd have no problem. Of course, KW has to know that Buehrle won't be back then. Lastings is the type of high ceiling athlete we severely lack, and he also has the charisma to spark a team.

Oh if it's Lastings AND a pitcher of significance I wouldn't mind. Just don't see that happening though, KW hasn't pulled off a move that major in a while.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before the season started, the Twins had a higher payroll in 2003, and the Indians had a higher payroll in 2002.

The problem simply isn't just one person. It's the mix between the coaches and the front office. You really think this is the team Ozzie wants on the field? Did KW really want to move McCarthy and give Tracey away for nothing?

I think the Sox would be better off with KW than Ozzie just because of how much KW has grown since taking over the GM role.

His 2003 team was really good, his 2004 team was really good but lost its two star hitters in July.

2005- eh, he was ok.

2006 he was smart in recognizing the team couldn't stand still, but really downgraded the bullpen, and he made a questionable trade with Vazquez, a guy he always wanted. Still, the Sox won 90 games despite being a third place team.

2007- Moves aren't looking good at all. We knew Sisco had a long way to go, but his obsession with particular players took over again with Erstad, and he didn't move a fan favorite grinder in Joe Crede like he did with Rowand.

Somebody needs to make some changes, and that's in KW's control.

The Sox were on fire in June and could've had NL July pitcher of the month (5-0) Russ Ortiz (another guy KW has always targeted) and Andruw Jones for Magglio/Rauch (according to TBS) when he was still on the DL.

That would've been an interesting team.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
The Sox were on fire in June and could've had NL July pitcher of the month (5-0) Russ Ortiz (another guy KW has always targeted) and Andruw Jones for Magglio/Rauch (according to TBS) when he was still on the DL.

That would've been an interesting team.

Well yeah, but we never actually had that team, lol. And if we turned down Maggs and Rauch for Andruw, I think KW should have been fired on the spot for that err in judgement.