It's Official

retro1983hat

I remember watching Prinz pitch for Arizona and he was pretty reliable. I guess he hasn't been nearly as good since then, though. I can't recall ever seeing Bukvich pitch. At least Kenny did something, though I don't know how much of the problem this pitches. Ozzie still doesn't have anyone he trusts with the ball in the 7th and 8th innings (besides maybe Logan) since it takes weeks if not months for managers to gain trust in relievers, and Thornton's struggling, Masset's garbage (right now), and Day's only pitched 3 times (although somehwat encouragingly). I definitely feel like the bullpen problem is not fixable in one day and probably will plague us throughout the year. I just hope Kenny doesn't pull a Jim Bowden and trade Fields for Scott Eyre or something (a la Kearns and Lopez for nothing). Sigh...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 06:22 PM)
None of this has addressed anything....

So our 'revamped' bullpen now consists of Day, Prinz, Bukvich, Thorton, Logan and Jenks?!? :huh

Wow this isn't too good. I guess anything is better than Aardsma and MacDougal at this point. And what about our offense? Ozzie even said it himself, we are all concentrating on the crappy bullpen, what about the crappy hitting? Or is KW just going to 'WAIT' for them catch fire kind of like how he 'WAITED' for the starting pitching to catch fire last year. Umm i understand sometimes you need patience in this game, but sometimes patience can lead to missing the playoffs or people getting fired.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
So our 'revamped' bullpen now consists of Day, Prinz, Bukvich, Thorton, Logan and Jenks?!? :huh

Wow this isn't too good. I guess anything is better than Aardsma and MacDougal at this point. And what about our offense? Ozzie even said it himself, we are all concentrating on the crappy bullpen, what about the crappy hitting? Or is KW just going to 'WAIT' for them catch fire kind of like how he 'WAITED' for the starting pitching to catch fire last year. Umm i understand sometimes you need patience in this game, but sometimes patience can lead to missing the playoffs or people getting fired.

our bullpen is now our minor league team.

I think that our relievers are a year away from being a competent bullpen, many of these guys are so young and Mac has had success, but obviously doesnt have it right now. I think a lot of the problems with our bullpen have to do with confidence issues, pitchers arent confident enough in their stuff to throw strikes or remain composed on the mound. I think that at this point we hang on to everyone and give them a year to develop, because with the offense we have it is obvious to me that we are going nowhere fast. I think we can send Massett down and sign Chan ho Park to be the long man/6th starter and use him out of the bullpen the rest of the year.