This is why we have an illegal immigration problem.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
Illinoise. I like or how about Illinoize. Texas is a fine state. Its just very hot, although I bet your winters are nice.

But because I live here, he'd rather eat glass then come back. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
But because I live here, he'd rather eat glass then come back. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

You keep them out up north and I'll handle the south :lolhitting

Add three more victims to the illegal murder list. Its a great country isn't it? Illegal kills our citizens after twice receiving bail for two previous crimes. God forbid you ask someone to show proof of residency. Ask the five year old this sick f*** raped. Ask the parents of these three people who were murdered if they care about this a******* rights. We must be sensitive to illegals' rights. Sanctuary country is what we are people. New Jersey should fry this guy ..yesterday.

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
Add three more victims to the illegal murder list. Its a great country isn't it? Illegal kills our citizens after twice receiving bail for two previous crimes. God forbid you ask someone to show proof of residency. Ask the five year old this sick f*** raped. Ask the parents of these three people who were murdered if they care about this a******* rights. We must be sensitive to illegals' rights. Sanctuary country is what we are people. New Jersey should fry this guy ..yesterday.

They won't do a damn thing to this guy. This pussified country is so concerned about the "rights" of these people that this guy will get off.......again.

Again... what are you talking about? Source? Link? Or did you witness this crime yourself?

They would have been so much happier if they had been murdered by an honest to goodness US citizen. Just like the DC sniper victims and Oklahoma City victims.

Criminals are criminals and animals are animals.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
They would have been so much happier if they had been murdered by an honest to goodness US citizen. Just like the DC sniper victims and Oklahoma City victims.

Criminals are criminals and animals are animals.

What does that have to do with this story? They wouldn't be dead if the illegal sh**bag was not in the country would he? Tell the family that Tex. I'm sure they'll feel better.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)
This guy should be in general pop. while awaiting trial. Then we could all save some time and money because he probably wouldn't make it to trial.

Can you post a link to the story you are talking about?

George W. Bush is responsible for more American deaths than any illegal immigrant.

/flame on

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
What does that have to do with this story? They wouldn't be dead if the illegal sh**bag was not in the country would he? Tell the family that Tex. I'm sure they'll feel better.

Actually, he was one of several people involved in the murders allegedly. The media is calling him the "ringleader" but details are still sketchy on that IMO.

Would these kids be alive if he had been found to be illegal? Maybe, there were other legal residents involved. The truth is, it's not the job of Joe Patrolman to determine the legal status of every Jose, Pedro and Inez that they encounter in the street - that's up to the ICE and up to an Attorney's office, maybe prosecutors should examine that evidence when they're presented with someone charged for a crime.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
Actually, he was one of several people involved in the murders allegedly. The media is calling him the "ringleader" but details are still sketchy on that IMO.

Would these kids be alive if he had been found to be illegal? Maybe, there were other legal residents involved. The truth is, it's not the job of Joe Patrolman to determine the legal status of every Jose, Pedro and Inez that they encounter in the street - that's up to the ICE and up to an Attorney's office, maybe prosecutors should examine that evidence when they're presented with someone charged for a crime.

Maybe state and local law enforcement officials should stop hampering the investigation of illegal aliens and stop offering their jurisdictions as safe havens for these parasites.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
native-americans-discuss-illegal-immigra
Great cartoon, and you're one of the sharpest posters here or anywhere else. Still what would you do? Have everybody leave, except for the original inhabitants? That means you too, I assume. Except who are the original inhabitants? Some historians and anthropologists don't think there are any truly original peoples in the Americas. Whatever. A country that's lost control of its borders is courting disaster. No, it's courting dissolution. The patronizing tone about the Newark murders on this thread is anger inducing too. People have had enough of this sort of thing, and it's endemic in many communities, including my own. These were good young people who were succeeding in a very tough environment, and deserved a chance to pursue their dreams. The ringleader of this vicious crime shouldn't have been here in the first place.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Hmm, so what you are saying is that the illegals are going to take over our entire country, slaughter most of us, and imprision the rest of us. I don't think that will calm groups like the militiamen.

:notworthy :notworthy

Awesome SS. A tip of the comedic cap :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Check out this link for an interesting take on immigration from Sci-fi writer Orson Scott Card.

LINK

Hm. I like Card's books a lot, he is an amazing writer. And he does have an uncanny way of exposing raw, singular motivations in a character. Same with this column.

Unfortunately, he is taking it all using the most extreme of measures. He is basically writing that past-perfect picture under the assumption we are going to go with a Tancredo-esque plan of attack. Luckily, that is highly unlikely. We're mostly not that nuts.

He does make some really good points about the economic impacts, though. That's why some of us have been pushing for immigration reform with laws specifically and dynamically tuned to economic conditions.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Check out this link for an interesting take on immigration from Sci-fi writer Orson Scott Card.

LINK

Let's just send Mexico a bunch of condoms then so they can stop making people that they can't care for and just send to us to deal with. Can't feed your family of 6? Well, maybe you shoudl have stopped at 4. or 3. or better yet, no kids. if you can't feed yourself, you are a fool to bring others into this world to join your plight. And your 'right' to have kids should be trumped by your right to CARE and PROVIDE for the kids, maybe have a plan BEFORE you poke the pudding. if the Mexicans could just keep their zippers up and excercise a little restaraint, maybe there wouldn't be 12 million illegals lookign for food, etc. Card's made-up quote, "America does not exist to be a safety valve for the failures of the Mexican economy.", is true, regardless of how cold it sounds. Come up with a reasonable guest worker plan, vigorously prosecute identity thft and companies that knowingly hire illegals ( you know, the ones where 5 minutes on the phone could tell, not the ones with expert forgeries), STOp the unchecked flow of people, NO amnesty, fast track people who are currently on the list to get in instead of thoise who cheated, and start making english required to do any government business. And I love Card's books, too. Just finished Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead again.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Let's just send Mexico a bunch of condoms then so they can stop making people that they can't care for and just send to us to deal with. Can't feed your family of 6? Well, maybe you shoudl have stopped at 4. or 3. or better yet, no kids. if you can't feed yourself, you are a fool to bring others into this world to join your plight. And your 'right' to have kids should be trumped by your right to CARE and PROVIDE for the kids, maybe have a plan BEFORE you poke the pudding. if the Mexicans could just keep their zippers up and excercise a little restaraint, maybe there wouldn't be 12 million illegals lookign for food, etc. Card's made-up quote, "America does not exist to be a safety valve for the failures of the Mexican economy.", is true, regardless of how cold it sounds. Come up with a reasonable guest worker plan, vigorously prosecute identity thft and companies that knowingly hire illegals ( you know, the ones where 5 minutes on the phone could tell, not the ones with expert forgeries), STOp the unchecked flow of people, NO amnesty, fast track people who are currently on the list to get in instead of thoise who cheated, and start making english required to do any government business. And I love Card's books, too. Just finished Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead again.

I agree with 80% of your post.

Couple points I disagree with. Economics is one reason people want to come here, but isn't this the land of opportunity? Don't we want to be that shining beacon of hope around the land? Freedom, the good life, etc. Or is the American dream dead? There are a lot more than 12,000,000 wanting to move to the US.

Amnesty means different things to different people. If you are saying no instant citizenship, I'm with you. If you are saying no path to full, legal status, ever, I disagree. If you have been living here and leading a good life, your neighbors like you, you've been working regularly, the cops do not know you, I'd rather you stay then take what's behind door number one, two, or three.

Poor people shouldn't breed? I'm not going there. I'll just add one counter thought. Why punish the children?

Down here, the majority of people are bilingual. When I travel in Mexico or Europe, English was almost always spoken as well as the native languages. Why are Americans the most afraid of people who speak a different language? There isn't a transaction here, public or private that couldn't be conducted in Spanish, and I just don't see a problem.