Buehrle Wants a Five Year Contract

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
That's the most promising article I've heard yet about Buehrle. However, you have to worry that once he gets to test the market, other teams will blow us out of the water.

That is a great article. If Mark got to the market, though, few teams would be willing to offer him a Zito like deal. He isn't the flamethrower teams want their #1 SP to be. But for the sox he's more valuable for his consistency, leadership, and intangibles.

A 5 yr, $80 million deal should give Mark the contract he's looking for.

Edited by beck72

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
I am done going to games if Buehrle is traded and not re-signed.

:(

Come on now. We all get attached to players, but you realize that they come and go.

If that was the case, I wouldnt of watched a game after BlackJack, Fernandez, Alvarez, Ventura or Thomas left this team. They were all faces of the team, Ventura for me was a personal favorite. It broke my heart when he was no longer a whitesox. The names change, the team changes. its part of being a business.

I love Buerhle one of the few Jersey's I own have Buerhle on it the others has Ventura on it, but its over.

Outside of Thomas, Buehrle is the only potential Hall of Famer the Sox have had since Harold Baines.

He will have a shot at 300 wins, just watch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Come on now. We all get attached to players, but you realize that they come and go.

If that was the case, I wouldnt of watched a game after BlackJack, Fernandez, Alvarez, Ventura or Thomas left this team. They were all faces of the team, Ventura for me was a personal favorite. It broke my heart when he was no longer a whitesox. The names change, the team changes. its part of being a business.

I love Buerhle one of the few Jersey's I own have Buerhle on it the others has Ventura on it, but its over.

I am not totally attached, but how many homegrown guys that we've all watched from low draft pick, to 20 yr old debut to World Series to no-hitter have we had in this organization?

Besides, I'm not driving 120 miles in crappy traffic to watch them lose 11-1 to the Royals again.