White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
All I'm saying is that if he has such a tough time managing this personnel, then maybe he's not the right person for this team. I always said he was the perfect person for 2005 due to the players we had on them, and how we had to manufacture runs. However, he wasn't the manager for 2006, as bunting/small ball with that personnel was dumb. I'll get off Ozzie's back when he stops looking incompetent out there.

Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Owens, Brett Prinz, Andrew Sisco, Gustavo Molina, Alex Cintron, Ryan Bukvich.

There are all layers who have been on our roster this year. f*** you Ozzie, for getting s*** and making s***-ade.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Owens, Brett Prinz, Andrew Sisco, Gustavo Molina, Alex Cintron.

There are all layers who have been on our roster this year. f*** you Ozzie, for getting s*** and making s***-ade.

I wouldn't use Sisco and Molina in your argument, as those were two players that had a direct connection to Ozzie's managing. However, it's games like today that make me appreciate that Toby Hall got some practice at 1B during spring training. And FWIW, Cintron's been all but begging to get put on the DL all season, but Ozzie doesn't want to due to having no other back-up SS. I've never said this is all Ozzie's fault. Him and KW have had a horrendous season.

Out of curiosity, who wouldn't have trouble managing this personnel?

Yeah, seriously. Ozzie's done the best he could with this team. He's done a good job with the starters and he's handled Danks very, very well. Everything else has been crap because that's what he's been given.

Yep, I've said all along Ozzie has 100 pct say on the roster. I really wonder how bad things would have to get before people like yourself and GP start wondering about our leadership. This has to be the lowest point in over a decade for this organization.

What? I question this organization's coaching and GMing and ownership all the time. I don't really take issue with Ozzie this season because there isn't a damn thing he can do and he's got a good track record and I like him.

Get off that bulls*** about Ozzie this year. Like it's somehow his fault that everybody sucks. "He should handle his personnel and get them winning!"

GMAFB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
I wouldn't use Sisco and Molina in your argument, as those were two players that had a direct connection to Ozzie's managing. However, it's games like today that make me appreciate that Toby Hall got some practice at 1B during spring training. And FWIW, Cintron's been all but begging to get put on the DL all season, but Ozzie doesn't want to due to having no other back-up SS. I've never said this is all Ozzie's fault. Him and KW have had a horrendous season.

My goodness. All you do is clump Ozzie and KW together all the time. None of it is Ozzie's fault. He's the one who said "Get Gload out of here and get me that tall flamethrower from the Royals."

Come on fathom. What the heck is wrong with you?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)

You're still on that s***? Wow. Dude, Ozzie could have done that 10,000 times and the injury wouldn't have happened. But now that it did, OZZIE MAKES THE f***ING LINEUPS OMG !#%!@!!!!

Yikes.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
My goodness. All you do is clump Ozzie and KW together all the time. None of it is Ozzie's fault. He's the one who said "Get Gload out of here and get me that tall flamethrower from the Royals."

Come on fathom. What the heck is wrong with you?

Nope, he's the one who never gave Gload a shot to prove what he can do as a leadoff hitter when Pods was horrible during the 2nd half last year. KW and Ozzie should be clumped together, as they're the two people making all the decision on and off the field.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
You're still on that s***? Wow. Dude, Ozzie could have done that 10,000 times and the injury wouldn't have happened. But now that it did, OZZIE MAKES THE f***ING LINEUPS OMG !#%!@!!!!

Yikes.

The reason I'm on that is because all offseason, we were talking about how much we sucked against LHP. We actually upgraded our roster to hit lefties, and then Ozzie made, which I believe, a stupid decision to try and get him an inning at a position he's not familiar with. We've been brutal against lefties this year...I had no idea Iguchi's lefty numbers had been as bad as it has this year. With the lefties in our division, we really need a new 2b/SS combo next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Nope, he's the one who never gave Gload a shot to prove what he can do as a leadoff hitter when Pods was horrible during the 2nd half last year. KW and Ozzie should be clumped together, as they're the two people making all the decision on and off the field.

110 games in 04, 77 games in 06?