Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Everyone knows how good USC is, they know they are a huge favorite. Why do they have to acts like pricks when they score TDs? Their 2nd unsportsmanlike. Act like you have been there and done that before. That's why the rest of the country hates you.

Buncha pricks from whatever zip code they want to be from on this play

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Damn it. ball fumbled into endzone. :crying

Maybe I don't understand College football rules, but on the Pass Interference call in the end zone just now, doesn't the Illini defender have as much right to go after the ball as the receiver? If that was not called, it would have been an INT.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
Maybe I don't understand College football rules, but on the Pass Interference call in the end zone just now, doesn't the Illini defender have as much right to go after the ball as the receiver? If that was not called, it would have been an INT.

He hit the receiver before the ball was touched, so its pass interference. It was a good call.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
He hit the receiver before the ball was touched, so its pass interference. It was a good call.

So, it does not matter if he is going right after the ball when they bump? Just trying to understand the rule, not saying that it was a bad call.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
So, it does not matter if he is going right after the ball when they bump? Just trying to understand the rule, not saying that it was a bad call.

It's the same as the NFL afaik.

(from wiki)

In American football and Canadian football, pass interference is a penalty that occurs when a player interferes with an eligible receiver's ability to make a fair attempt to catch a forward pass. Pass interference may include tripping, pushing, pulling, or cutting in front of the receiver or pulling on the receiver's arms.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Southern Cal > Illinois

Yes, this year. Illinois has thrown the game away with all the turnovers and USC has gotten a lot of lucky bounces, literally.

One thing for sure: USC is not the best team in the nation. They also have zero sportsmanship.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Pretty much. Unfortunately, we were healthy in Week 1.

WTF Hart!!!

Actually Mike Hart got hurt and missed two quarters in the opener. So no, there were zero weeks this season that this team was healthy. There were severel other supporting players that were hurt going into that game as well.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
Actually Mike Hart got hurt and missed two quarters in the opener. So no, there were zero weeks this season that this team was healthy. There were severel other supporting players that were hurt going into that game as well.

You are correct. Thought the Oregon game is when he got hurt first.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
Southern Cal > Any team in the country

When healthy, there is no better team. D is too fast and O has too many athletics players.

A team that lost to Stanford is the best team in the country? They are better than ILL, and ILL played poorly, but beating the Illini doesnt make them the best team in the country.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
A team that lost to Stanford is the best team in the country? They are better than ILL, and ILL played poorly, but beating the Illini doesnt make them the best team in the country.

I sort of agree. I came into the game thinking USC was the best team in the country. Given the score this will sound ridiculous, but I expected to see a game in which Illinois clearly shouldn't have been on the same field as USC and I didn't see that. USC was a much better team , but I think the ILL turnovers changed the game from a non-descipt two score loss to a blowout. Besides costing UI a good shot at 2 TDs, the TOs just exhausted the defense. My other great insight is that Mendenhall needs to go to the NFL. He torched a defense with a lot of future NFL starters on it, and he did so without almost any threat of a passing game. He's a first round back and should grab those dollars. If UI can develop an actual passing game next season to offset his loss, they should still be a bowl-quality team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)

Who is then? OSU: lost to ILL. LSU: lost to Arkansas who got killed by Mizzou. Booty broke his finger during the Stanford game. When healthy, I am not sure any team is better than USC. Maybe Georgia.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
What's your curling fight song???

Curling, curling, lets go bloody curling...

Disappointingly enough, I don't think we have curling, or at least, I haven't seen/heard anything about it. Which sucks, because I am part of the 1% of the country that actually enjoys watching curling.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
I almost took my new TV back because of the blur from all of that SEC speed today. That slow Maize and Blue team looked like they were stuck in mud.

Amazing how a team doesn't look slow when it plays with a purpose and makes plays. Miss a bunch of open field tackles and take bad angles and you look real slow.........