How can you tell if a girl is uninterested or just playing hard to get

WhiteSoxFan1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
Girls that play hard to get are the type of girls you don't want to have a relationship with--it's just a sign she'll play games and be manipulative. Stay away.

^^

Soxy you're on a roll the past week :headbang

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
eh I dont think so man. I know this comes off as insecure and needy, but ive got my mind set on this girl. Its uncharacteristic, but im not settling for anything else until I know where I stand with this girl.

My advice is to wear her down until she finally gives up on life and accepts you.

:D

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
Girls that play hard to get are the type of girls you don't want to have a relationship with--it's just a sign she'll play games and be manipulative. Stay away.

yeah, go with the girls that are easy...

like soxy said.

The question is whether she's hard to get or has high standards. They are two different things.

eh I dont think so man. I know this comes off as insecure and needy, but ive got my mind set on this girl. Its uncharacteristic, but im not settling for anything else until I know where I stand with this girl.

Have you tried... I don't know... asking her?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
What is she doing, or not doing, that makes you ask.

Omg female prospective, this will be great...

ok, lets say this...

We met 3 weeks ago at a party, but just briefly talked to a very small amount...

Then we ran into each other again the next week at a party, and we exchanged numbers and started to get flirty enough that other people noticed...then during the week she hardly texts back (even when she text's first). Then I decide to man up and call her. She agrees to hang out when I asked her out, but then cancel's the morning of the date through text, with a seemlingly legit family reason since I met the cousin she claimed came into town early this past weekend at a party....

That party was this past saturday. She called me that saturday, but just about directions and info about the party. Then at the begining of the party we were attached at the hip the first hour, super flirty. So I make a move and kiss her while we are alone. Things go well for about an hour after the kiss, including holding hands, and maybe a little bit of jealousy even since she asked my friend john about me talking to other girls right after we kissed, and about why I had a deal with this one girl at the party that she was only allowed to pour my shots for the evening. BUT THEN, things suddenly things get shady, and although I dont notice right away, I eventually figure out for the final two hours of the party she seemingly pays attention to everyone, BUT me....then at the end of the night gives a crappy hug and half-assed "goodbye"

Then yesterday, I try to text her and just say whats up and tell her I had fun at the party, and she doesnt reply til hours later, and at that with the most simple generic answer possible. Then I try to bring up a conversation about her baseball team (cubs) and sorinano getting injured and she just doesnt answer back.

Now today I ask my friend john since he talked to her a bit at the party, and what he thinks and he says that she said she was interested, but the actions just DO NOT add up much like I suggest. We both agree something is there thats not being said. So now this kid take initive (which I wish he wouldnt have), and he texts her and after a little hey whats up" small talk, he tries to invite her to his softball game tonight using the nitch ill be there, so I can already guarentee she doesnt go.

funny thing is they had a 5 or 6 text chat he said, and she replied very quickly the entire time. I cant get her to talk to me whatsoever other than when we are at these parties.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

You've already lost the battle then.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
You've already lost the battle then.

Thats how I feel inside. I wouldnt let her know that, although maybe there could be some clues. However I talked to plenty of other girls at the party that would suggest that I didnt just single her out only.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Thats how I feel inside. I wouldnt let her know that, although maybe there could be some clues. However I talked to plenty of other girls at the party that would suggest that I didnt just single her out only.

Dude any girl that acts like you just said either has a confidence issue, plays games better than you, or is ashamed of dating you. I hope thats not too harsh but thats the way that I read it. Once you lose the control in a situation like that, which it sounds like you have, you are in for a world of hurt unless you can flip it back. My advice in this situation is play it VERY aloof to the point where she has to make the first and second move (texts in your case) and then you can throw her a bone(no pun intended).

Of course the best way of going about it, but not the easiest, is to be honest ,confront her, ask her whats up, tell her you want to spend time with her and face the possible rejection that comes along with it. This is the best way to get into an honest relationship, but also the best way to look like a desperate guy.

There are several ways for guys and girls to act when going into a somewhat relationship. One way is to play games and make the person and the situation work for you. The other way is to be straight up, be honest, and if it doesnt work out, forget about it and move on to the next one. Either way, there are SOOO many women out there to get to know, so dont get too focused on one.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
Sounds like you came on way too strong and she didn't like it very much.

No chance, she was telling people at the party she didnt know how interested I was. Which I call bulls*** and is part of something that shes not telling (that I cant figure out) because there were a few people at the party who knew what she was saying, and her actions, just dont add up.

Yikes.. :o

First of all I just want to say I am sooooo glad I am an old married hag and out of the "dating game".

As for her actions.. seems she's waaaayyy immature. Kissing and crabbing is something I remember from back in middle school. Asking about other females you talk to is a sure sign of insecurity, and texting your friend makes it clear she's playing games. IMO, leave her be and if she wants something she'll come to you. You guys are waaay to young to be dating exclusively anyway. What ever happened to "playing the field"? Back in the day... most guys did that until at least junior year of college.