White Sox/Red Sox, 2:55 PM start

spiderman

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
A back-up outfielder should be the easiest position in the majors to fill, especially with guys in the minors. Having to play Gonzalez the last few days in LF against a righty makes me cry.

Then you, like, cry really easily. And Gonzalez isn't a backup outfielder. He's the backup every position (plays a much better shortstop than Sweeney) since Ozuna went down and Mack got traded. And we are carrying 13 pitchers right now. And Pods and Thome are hurt. And these games don't mean anything.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
I agree with this completely. This off-season is make or break for Williams. He needs to have a dynamite off-season, and he knows it. I just am not ready to completely clean house after 1 terrible year, I just can't justiy that.

The problem seems to be that the big four (KW, Ozzie, Walker, and Cooper) are a package deal. I'll be thrilled if KW can put together a good offseason, even if it doesn't translate well next year. I thought all along his offseason prior to this year sucked big time, so it will be fun to see what trade chips he even has now.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
Here's only 12 years younger than than 50 year old young stud Jose Conterares who we have for two more years!

Contreras is on my good side right now, as at least he came over to Buckvich and tried to cheer him up today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
Contreras is on my good side right now, as at least he came over to Buckvich and tried to cheer him up today.

That's too bad. Given the opportunity, I would have urinated on them both.

On a seriously note, Bukvich is probably our second best guy out of the pen after Jenks. That is so sad.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
That's too bad. Given the opportunity, I would have urinated on them both.

And is there nothing sadder than wasted urine?

Lotta Jerry Manuel references today. And a nice shot of Singleton in the booth. He looks as bored as Uribe does every game. That's an excellent reflection on both, by the way.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
Lotta Jerry Manuel references today. And a nice shot of Singleton in the booth. He looks as bored as Uribe does every game. That's an excellent reflection on both, by the way.

Singleton isn't bored, he has to listen to Farmer all day. Personally, I would have taken my life long ago if I had to do that.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
Singleton isn't bored, he has to listen to Farmer all day. Personally, I would have taken my life long ago if I had to do that.

Or Farmer's. I don't think a jury of his peers would convict Singleton if he took out Farmio

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Jose bring a couple of stone tablets out to the mound. That visual might save the season for me.

Jose would need a really long beard and a robe/cloak too. Would it be to tacky if he still wore his White Sox hat?

...and wouldn't Jerry Manual look good in a pharoh costume when Jose says, "Let my people go" ... no I mean ... "I'll make these fans go home."

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
Or Farmer's. I don't think a jury of his peers would convict Singleton if he took out Farmio

"Chris Singleton pulls out a knife, jabs me in the heart. That's what you do when you kill a man with a knife; you stab him in the heart. Line shot foul by Erstad. Bleeding on the mic now. That's what happens when you have a knife wound in your heart; you bleed on the mic. Erstad goes down swinging. Feeling faint now. That's what happens when the blood drains from your body; you feel faint. Here's Andy Gonzalez. Pretty much dead now, Chris Singleton. Good night, everyone. Go crazy."

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:47 PM)
"Chris Singleton pulls out a knife, jabs me in the heart. That's what you do when you kill a man with a knife; you stab him in the heart. Line shot foul by Erstad. Bleeding on the mic now. That's what happens when you have a knife wound in your heart; you bleed on the mic. Erstad goes down swinging. Feeling faint now. That's what happens when the blood drains from your body; you feel faint. Here's Andy Gonzalez. Pretty much dead now, Light it Up. Go crazy."

Gold. I only changed one thing/

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:47 PM)
"Chris Singleton pulls out a knife, jabs me in the heart. That's what you do when you kill a man with a knife; you stab him in the heart. Line shot foul by Erstad. Bleeding on the mic now. That's what happens when you have a knife wound in your heart; you bleed on the mic. Erstad goes down swinging. Feeling faint now. That's what happens when the blood drains from your body; you feel faint. Here's Andy Gonzalez. Pretty much dead now, Chris Singleton. Good night, everyone. Go crazy."

This is a classic.

14-2? What a bunch of wimps on the Sox this year.

Beaten up by the Big Bad Bosox three games in a row.

I hope Buckvich, MacDougal and Thornton are NOT invited to spring training next year.

Get rid of all of them.