White Sox Winner

witesoxfan

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
How many people were there today? I know I had tickets to the original game, but couldn't go due to work. It's too bad...seems like a fun game to go to.

Empty from what I saw.

Nice to see a W though.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
How many people were there today? I know I had tickets to the original game, but couldn't go due to work. It's too bad...seems like a fun game to go to.

Yeah I had tickets to the original game too, but first day of classes at NIU today so I couldn't go. Got back just in time to see that bottom of the 7th though, wow. Nice to win one.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Fields seems to be our best power hitter late in games already. That's at least 4 homers hit in the 7th inning or later that were relatively important.

Yeah your right. I just think it is a case of Josh being very good at hitting bad pitching, and taking advantage of facing bullpen arms. Obviously he hit the one off Putz, but even that was just a 1st pitch fastball that Josh guessed right on, and we were down 5 with the bases loaded so Putz took the risk and lost (although still got the save in the end). I think Josh is just really good at hitting bad pitchers at this point in his career, and if you want to see those, get at bats late against bullpens.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Yeah your right. I just think it is a case of Josh being very good at hitting bad pitching, and taking advantage of facing bullpen arms. Obviously he hit the one off Putz, but even that was just a 1st pitch fastball that Josh guessed right on, and we were down 5 with the bases loaded so Putz took the risk and lost (although still got the save in the end). I think Josh is just really good at hitting bad pitchers at this point in his career, and if you want to see those, get at bats late against bullpens.

17 homers in 75 games is a sick total for Josh - I know it's probably too early to project a full season but basically he's shaping up to put up Adam Dunn like numbers - 40 HR, .245-.250 AVG for a season - with a hell of a lot more upside than Dunn. I'm pretty excited to see his 2008.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
Add me to the list that had tickets, and couldn't find them.... :lolhitting

If that ever happens again call the Sox and they will cancel the initial ones and reissue them. You just pick them up at will call. And don't hold me to it,but I think they charge a fee if they aren't season tickets though.

The real problem with that rainout was the fact it was sunny and clear by 7:30 that night and the conditions didn't change for the rest of the evening, while in the meantime Chicago had one of it's worst storm in decades last Thursday and they waited over 2 hours to try and start that game. And the logic can't be tickets sold, we sold over 37,000 tickets for todays game according to the box score, which is probably about the same as Thursday.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
The real problem with that rainout was the fact it was sunny and clear by 7:30 and the conditions didn't change for the rest of the night, while in the meantime Chicago had it's worst storm in decades last Thursday and they waited over 2 hours to try and start that game. And the logic can't be tickets sold, we sold over 37,000 tickets for todays game according to the box score, which is probably about the same as Thursday.

Yep. And they canceled it QUICK that night. s***heads.

BTW, people do need to realize that it's the umpire crew that calls the games, not the Sox.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)

BTW, people do need to realize that it's the umpire crew that calls the games, not the Sox.

Well whoever called it was stupid, because I was sitting there with the radar on my cell phone and it was obvious the rain was going to end in pretty short order, yet the game was actually called off 5 minutes before it was even supposed to start. It was ridiculous.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)

I think it depends on the conditions. Like that game that started at 11 or whatever it was the other night... that was a MLB decision not the team or the umps.

I also think comparing a game cancelled in May and one cancelled in August is a stretch.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
I think it depends on the conditions. Like that game that started at 11 or whatever it was the other night... that was a MLB decision not the team or the umps.

I also think comparing a game cancelled in May and one cancelled in August is a stretch.

Not when the sun came out half an hour (if that) after scheduled game time and there was no sign of rain for the rest of the night. It's one thing if they call it at 7 and it rains until 9 and then stops, but that night was ridiculous.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Not when the sun came out half an hour (if that) after scheduled game time and there was no sign of rain for the rest of the night. It's one thing if they call it at 7 and it rains until 9 and then stops, but that night was ridiculous.

Regardless of the weather, the two are completely different sets of circumstances by 3 months. I understand you are ticked about it, but a game being called off in May is 100% MORE likely than one being called off in August. Common sense.