maggs says he is talking to yanks

baggio202

from a venezuelan newspaper run through a spanish to english translator

The Yankees tempting ¿Is certain that the Yankees are you "tempting"? "They carry time conversing with the White sox". - ¿AND have advanced something? "I ignore it. Have also conversed with me, but not to have something concrete". - ¿You would go with the yakees? "That will depend on the situation of the White sox to middle of the next season. If the equipment follows without giving results, inevitably there will be movement. There possibly it it will be defined mine"

Guest hotsoxchick1

if the sox let maggs get away im done.......absoultely done... i will not sit around and watch kw drive this team into the ground any longer.......so much for wanting to put a winning team on the field....lies, lies, lies and more lies......been hearing this bulls*** for the past 30 something years and im not going to listen to it any longer..........time is now to put up or get out kw......:mad: :****kenny williams

Guest hotsoxchick1

no its no joke... the rumor started sometime last nite and there has been little dribbs and drabbs of it coming out in the press since........i had a feeling that this day would come.. of course we all know how torre loves maggs....knew it wouldnt be too long before he tried to get him to go to ny..........

i wish it was a joke...its on the yankees website...you can get the link to the story there..i didnt post it cause its in spanish and its a real long article... there was only this small blurb about maggs being traded...(guess in venezuela whether maggs plays for us or the yanks isnt much of a story) but you can get the whole article there under a thread "magglio ordonez to the yankees":(

Originally posted by Murcielago

Hate to play devil's advocate here....... but what could we get for him?

well if we do deal maggs im done with the sox..but the yanks are talking moving posada but the sox wont pay for him...juan rivera is supposed to be a real stud..i could see KW trading maggs for rivera and couple of skank farm hands

its funny to read the yanks board..there over there saying well if matsui's deal falls through magglio would be a great safety net..lmao..the best RF not named vlad in baseball and the yanks fans look at him as a safety net....funny to listen to them

Where exactly would you put Giambi if we got him? Konerko is locked up in his 3 yr deal and if Thomas comes back, the DH position is covered. Since Maggs is covered by contract, wouldn't the Yanks have to talk to KW, not Maggs (not that having to speak to KW makes me feel better)?

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

if the sox let maggs get away im done.......absoultely done... i will not sit around and watch kw drive this team into the ground any longer.......so much for wanting to put a winning team on the field....lies, lies, lies and more lies......been hearing this bulls*** for the past 30 something years and im not going to listen to it any longer..........time is now to put up or get out kw......:mad: :****kenny williams

You're not alone,HSC.I'll be 41 next June,and i've put up with this bulls*** for 33 years as of opening day.You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that Konerko,Beuhrle and Maggs ARE the foundation of this team.If the asshole known as KW lets Maggs get away,You'll be lucky to draw 5K a game at Comiskey.

Someone should point out the exact definition of "Franchise Player" to KW.He must think "Clue" is a board game,not something he DESPERATELY NEEDS!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I seriously doubt any of this is true. Even if it was in the paper, that really doesn't mean much to me. Hell, Peter Gammons said we could get Lidle for Mark Johnson. Was that true? NO.

We have Maggs through 2004, so even if they do deal him, it would be when we fall out of contention next season, not this season.

Anyhow, I think Maggs will remain with the Sox past 2004, so I'd like to go on record with the following statement: Maggs, Konerko and Buehrle will all stick around with the Sox for a while.

Originally posted by abozichiu

I seriously doubt any of this is true.  Even if it was in the paper, that really doesn't mean much to me.  Hell, Peter Gammons said we could get Lidle for Mark Johnson.  Was that true? NO.

We have Maggs through 2004, so even if they do deal him, it would be when we fall out of contention next season, not this season.

Anyhow, I think Maggs will remain with the Sox past 2004, so I'd like to go on record with the following statement:  Maggs, Konerko and Buehrle will all stick around with the Sox for a while.

I'm with you 100%. Everything you read in the paper isn't true.

After seeing what the Jays gave up for Lidle, I do believe their was some possibility to the Johnson for Lidle deal, but KW and Beane must not of agreed on what prospect to give up with it, or Beane thinks he's getting a real good sleeper from the Jays.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by greg775

Add me to the list. If Maggs is gone I am done.

You won't see me on this message board.Bye bye Sox.

aawe greg dont be like that.. i would still hang here because you guys didnt quit on me, it would be kw and jr who quit on me and i wont support those two ...........