Rollins is your NL MVP

Buehrle>Wood

He had a .903 OPS as a leadoff hitter this season. I would punch someones child for the Sox to have that.

Which ranked him fifth on his team.

That slugging is being wasted in that spot, just like Soriano. Rollins' raw numbers like the number of doubles, HR, triples aren't THAT impressive to me because he had over 700 at-bats. If his lineup is giving so many opportunities to bat, how is he so valuable to the team?

Holliday's road/home splits are ridiculous, but Colorado was just on fire in September when he put up a .367/.448/.796! line.

I think Rob Neyer has sort of an interesting point.

Last year, Ryan Howard won the NL MVP despite Pujols's team making the playoffs, because, at least in the HR and RBI columns, Howard put up better numbers.

This year, Jimmy Rollins won the NL MVP despite several other players putting up better numbers in HR, RBI, OPS, etc., because his team wound up making the playoffs.

A little consistency people?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
I think Rob Neyer has sort of an interesting point.

Last year, Ryan Howard won the NL MVP despite Pujols's team making the playoffs, because, at least in the HR and RBI columns, Howard put up better numbers.

This year, Jimmy Rollins won the NL MVP despite several other players putting up better numbers in HR, RBI, OPS, etc., because his team wound up making the playoffs.

A little consistency people?

In the Pujols-Howard case, Howard's team won 3 more games.