Pac-10 Tournament

At Staples Center

Los Angeles

FIRST ROUND

Wednesday, March 12

Game 1: No. 8 Washington vs. No. 9 Cal (9 p.m.)

Game 2: No. 7 Arizona vs. No. 10 Oregon State (11:30 p.m.)

QUARTERFINALS

Thursday, March 13

Game 3: No. 4 Southern California vs. No. 5 Arizona State (3 p.m.)

Game 4: No. 1 UCLA vs. Game 1 winner (5:30 p.m.)

Game 5: No. 3 Washington State vs. No. 6 Oregon (9 p.m.)

Game 6: No. 2 Stanford vs. Game 2 winner (11:30 p.m.)

SEMIFINALS

Friday, March 14

Game 7: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner (9 p.m.)

Game 8: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner (11:30 p.m.)

CHAMPIONSHIP

Saturday, March 15

Game 9: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner (CBS, 6:15 p.m.)

Arizona, Arizona State, and Oregon need wins to avoid the burst of their bubble.

I know the PAC-10 is the best league in America, but there is NO EXCUSE for Arizona to have finished 7th in that league with the talent they have. They have 2 no doubt lottery picks in their starting 5 with Budinger and Bayless, a solid/versatile veteran in Jawann McClellan, one of America'a most explosive guards under 6' in Nic Wise, and Jordan Hill, another future 1st round pick, maybe even another lottery pick. I know they've had injuries, but they are WAY better than 7th in the PAC-10, and I think they could be dangerous in the big dance if they make it that far.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
I know the PAC-10 is the best league in America, but there is NO EXCUSE for Arizona to have finished 7th in that league with the talent they have. They have 2 no doubt lottery picks in their starting 5 with Budinger and Bayless, a solid/versatile veteran in Jawann McClellan, one of America'a most explosive guards under 6' in Nic Wise, and Jordan Hill, another future 1st round pick, maybe even another lottery pick. I know they've had injuries, but they are WAY better than 7th in the PAC-10, and I think they could be dangerous in the big dance if they make it that far.

As has been the case with Zona for a while now, they just don't defend.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:04 PM)

Although this is now O'Neill's team for the time being, Olson's teams have always underachieved. I've always believed he's an overrated coach and does less with more than anyone in the country.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
Arizona St. got screwed. What a f***ing joke that over the back call was. Officiating around college basketball is beyond atrocious.

Agreed on the second part. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the first part, but I'll take your word for it with the way UCLA's last two games were officiated at the end. Seems like the PAC 10 officials has a thing for the LA teams. Arizona State is in trouble now, they were firmly on the bubble before today, and I think this loss might put them into the NIT. Oregon and Arizona need wins in the worst way later.

Edited by whitesoxfan101