South Region

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gbuk @ Mar 17, 2008 -> 03:34 AM)
Gillispie is gonna own Crean so hard.

Phh -- bring it. I look forward to playing the team that, IIRC, ranks 291st in the country in turnovers.

Seriously, though, I'm not very confident. I'm happy with the Kentucky match-up, but I realize my boys are rather beatable. I think MU is a bit better, but it's one-and-done so anything can happen.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
Phh -- bring it. I look forward to playing the team that, IIRC, ranks 291st in the country in turnovers.

Seriously, though, I'm not very confident. I'm happy with the Kentucky match-up, but I realize my boys are rather beatable. I think MU is a bit better, but it's one-and-done so anything can happen.

Haha, yeah this is actually a perfect match-up really. Both teams are heavily reliant on perimeter games, and they're only as good as their backcourt.

I'm just very confident in being able to frustrate James and Gillispie to outcoach Crean...but who knows. It'll be fun.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Kentucky gives up scoring for lent. I mean, they started this self-denial thing late, but they're just refusing to score against Marquette all of a sudden.

Any credit to Marqette's defense, which ranks sixth in the nation according to Pomeroy?

Wooh! First tourney win in my time here so that's nice. McNeal and Hayward are catching fire at the right time as well. Stanford's going to be tough as hell, though. I agree with 101 -- maybe not press, but Crean has to preach that the only way they're going to prevent the brothers Lopez from going off for 50 is by pressuring the s*** out of their (mediocre?) guards. They're also going to have to play in transition -- see if those Pac 10 kids can keep up with our athleticism.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
Any credit to Marqette's defense, which ranks sixth in the nation according to Pomeroy?

Wooh! First tourney win in my time here so that's nice. McNeal and Hayward are catching fire at the right time as well. Stanford's going to be tough as hell, though. I agree with 101 -- maybe not press, but Crean has to preach that the only way they're going to prevent the brothers Lopez from going off for 50 is by pressuring the s*** out of their (mediocre?) guards. They're also going to have to play in transition -- see if those Pac 10 kids can keep up with our athleticism.

Hey, I had Marquette moving on.......:P

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
You picked Kentucky over Marquette????

Or did you pick Kansas over Marquette cause one is KU, the other is UK

I did, but it was a half-hearted pick. I'm not one to fill out seven different brackets, but this year I did. In most of my brackets I basically flipped a coin on MU/UK (yeah -- I meant UK, not KU) and had them losing in the very next round to Stanford. In one bracket I had Marquette getting to the Sweet 16 before losing to Texas.

And the first bracket I filled out had Kentucky facing Stanford, so that's why I said I had Kentucky pick. I hate picking my team when I'm emotionally attached to them (a superstition thing).

--------------------

Did Bilas say anything about why there wasn't an intentional foul called at the end of the game when Kentucky kept fouling our big man away from the ball? Cripes, that's a rule-book intentional foul -- this isn't the NBA.

Bring it on, Stanford! I'm growing more and more fond of this match-up -- the Lopez brothers will almost assuredly get theirs, but someone besides those two is going to have to step up. Our guards are much better and as a team Marquette is much more athletic -- if Stanford can't stop MU's transition game I like MU's chances.