Crede

SoxFanForever

Joe Crede-3B-White Sox Mar. 27 - 8:56 pm et

Joe Crede left Thursday's game in the fifth inning after fouling a pitch off his left ankle.

Crede finished the at-bat, but afterwards went to the clubhouse to ice the ankle. The training staff decided he should get a precautionary X-ray, although they don't expect any "serious revelations." As of now, Crede is scheduled to start at third base for the Sox.

Source: WhiteSox.mlb.com

Didn't see this posted. Doubt it is serious. However, it will be interesting to see if it has any effects on the final roster.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
It won't have any affect on the roster

I think the gods of fate are trying to help the Sox with their decisions. It took Frowens getting hurt 3 different times before the Sox finally DL'ed him leading to both BA and Quentin on the team. Richar had visa , back and now rib problems which opened the door for Ramirez to make the team. Massett gets raked yesterday against the D'backs possibly handing Wasserman the last bullpen spot. Now a rusty Crede fouls a ball off his foot. Though probably nothing serious maybe fate was just feeling sorry for Joe figuring he'd been through enough lately while gently nudging the Sox towards Fields.

Haven't seen it mentioned much at all in every thread I've read but it isn't unheard of for an established pro to be sent down on a rehab assignment due to rustiness coming back from an injury. Crede hasnt exactly hit or fielded well this spring. If the situation is win now like William's keep stating how do you keep a hurting ineffective Crede on the roster over Fields ? Seems to me like Kenny is preferring to get Joe's value up, which is an iffy proposition at best , more than winning.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
I think the gods of fate are trying to help the Sox with their decisions. It took Frowens getting hurt 3 different times before the Sox finally DL'ed him leading to both BA and Quentin on the team. Richar had visa , back and now rib problems which opened the door for Ramirez to make the team. Massett gets raked yesterday against the D'backs possibly handing Wasserman the last bullpen spot. Now a rusty Crede fouls a ball off his foot. Though probably nothing serious maybe fate was just feeling sorry for Joe figuring he'd been through enough lately while gently nudging the Sox towards Fields.

Haven't seen it mentioned much at all in every thread I've read but it isn't unheard of for an established pro to be sent down on a rehab assignment due to rustiness coming back from an injury. Crede hasnt exactly hit or fielded well this spring. If the situation is win now like William's keep stating how do you keep a hurting ineffective Crede on the roster over Fields ? Seems to me like Kenny is preferring to get Joe's value up, which is an iffy proposition at best , more than winning.

I think a rehab assignment is limited to two weeks. But yes, it happens quite often.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
I think a rehab assignment is limited to two weeks. But yes, it happens quite often.

I know. I just don't see why it hasn't been considered more in the zillions of posts I've read re: Crede/Fields. If the point of keeping Crede is his defense , he hasnt looked all that sharp , mostly his throws are off. Wins at the beginning of the season count just as much as wins at the end. Keeping a bad hitting bad fielding Joe can cost wins. Joe should be on a rehab assignment. Even if Crede does fairly well what's the most the Sox could get for him in trade ? A AA or AAA mediocre prospect ? Kenny's eventually going to have to bite the bullet with Joe . The only way he can save face is for another teams' 3rd baseman going down with an injury while Joe is heating up if that ever happens. Boras has got to be the happiest guy around knowing the Sox are doing him a favor by playing Joe.That way he can prove he's healthy and possibly prove he can still play too.