The Wright Questions For Obama

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marine also... I'm pretty sure he isn't a patriot.

So as long as Wright didn't assassinate a President, he's still cool as a patriot? I can't see placing him below those that used wealth, privilege, various deferments, etc. to avoid service. Last I looked, freedom of (most kinds) of speach are allowed, so what he is doing is legal.

And he wasted time in his Philadelphia speech on race by saying he can't "disown" Rev. Wright any more than he could "disown the black community." No one has asked him to disown Rev. Wright. Only in a later appearance on "The View" television show did he say that he would have left the church if Rev. Wright had not retired and not acknowledged his offensive language.

Now, that is just silly. Just about every talking head was wanting him to cut the Reverend adrift. Every pundit, and plenty of whispers from the Clinton campaign, wanted him to repudiate his relationship with the Reverend.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Now, that is just silly. Just about every talking head was wanting him to cut the Reverend adrift. Every pundit, and plenty of whispers from the Clinton campaign, wanted him to repudiate his relationship with the Reverend.

truth is the first casualty of war, and presidential campaigns.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:52 AM)
hey CC, you ever find a negative article about your candidate? Or only Obama? :lolhitting

Actually, they are all my candidates since one of them will be President. And yes, I have read plenty of negative articles on Clinton and McCain, but the job of posting those has pretty much been filled by a good portion of the posters here.

As to jackiehayes remark about starting a new thread, I rarely start new threads. I started this one because the other pastor one was closed. And as for this most recent article, I didn't think it had much to do with the pastor or church except for the ending. It was more a comparison of Obama and King. Juan Williams is a black liberal and isn't as easily dismissed as some extreme right wing writer like Ann Coulter or something. I thought the article was informative and didn't want it to get lost in this thread.

Anyway..I'm off to the game. Go Sox.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Actually, they are all my candidates since one of them will be President. And yes, I have read plenty of negative articles on Clinton and McCain, but the job of posting those has pretty much been filled by a good portion of the posters here.

As to jackiehayes remark about starting a new thread, I rarely start new threads. I started this one because the other pastor one was closed. And as for this most recent article, I didn't think it had much to do with the pastor or church except for the ending. It was more a comparison of Obama and King. Juan Williams is a black liberal and isn't as easily dismissed as some extreme right wing writer like Ann Coulter or something. I thought the article was informative and didn't want it to get lost in this thread.

Anyway..I'm off to the game. Go Sox.

I just want to clarify something -- I was talking about the separate thread that you created for post #23, not this thread that the new one was merged into.

To the mods -- I know I'm not licensed to post in this forum, I just wanted to clarify a remark directed at me. I hope that's all right, but if not, please delete this post.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
I just want to clarify something -- I was talking about the separate thread that you created for post #23, not this thread that the new one was merged into.

To the mods -- I know I'm not licensed to post in this forum, I just wanted to clarify a remark directed at me. I hope that's all right, but if not, please delete this post.

You can post here all you want, as long as you agree to the rules in the MUST READ thread and post in there to acknowledge. We'd like to see you in here, in fact.