Negative Catch All ~ House of Blues

Texsox

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no veteran leadership on this club, in terms of the offensive side. PK and Dye seem content with their contracts and 2005 WS ring. Quentin and Anderson seem like the only ones out there trying to generate something. The sooner OC and Crede realize they're in contract years, they'll be much better.

lol@ closing the game thread.

pussies

Personally I can't stand game threads anymore. I love how Sox fans always b**** about Cubs fans when we're no worse in general. No matter how good OR bad the team is playing, every loss means some is overrated or needs to be traded, benched, sent down or fired. While we're at it, let's send down the whole team to AAA and promote all the AAA players so they can play the season for us and get some experience. Jesus Christ, the b****ing that goes on here daily is astronomical, and it's really sad. I can understand the frustration, but when people are ranting that Paul Konerk is overrated or needs to be traded and all this other crap, it gets ridiculous.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
There is no veteran leadership on this club, in terms of the offensive side. PK and Dye seem content with their contracts and 2005 WS ring. Quentin and Anderson seem like the only ones out there trying to generate something. The sooner OC and Crede realize they're in contract years, they'll be much better.

Crede is what he is. A .260 type hitter that will hit close to 25 HRs.

OC really needs to get it going if this team has any hope in competing this year. Maybe put some pressure on opposing pitchers with guys on base for Thome,PK and JD.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
Personally I can't stand game threads anymore. I love how Sox fans always b**** about Cubs fans when we're no worse in general. No matter how good OR bad the team is playing, every loss means some is overrated or needs to be traded, benched, sent down or fired. While we're at it, let's send down the whole team to AAA and promote all the AAA players so they can play the season for us and get some experience. Jesus Christ, the b****ing that goes on here daily is astronomical, and it's really sad. I can understand the frustration, but when people are ranting that Paul Konerk is overrated or needs to be traded and all this other crap, it gets ridiculous.

Paul Konerko is overrated. Too bad we couldn't get Kotchman, Santana, and someone else for him.

Serious question - was there anything positive about today? I mean, anything at all. I can think of Buehrle having a good game in spite of the E that ended up being 2 runs, and Cabrera was good both offensively and defensively. And then... umm... Anderson walked, I guess that was good.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)

This is as good as you can hope with Crede, imo. .255, some bombs, jerk & pull, etc...

For a guy who's supposedly uber-clutch his close & late stats aren't anything impressive, and slightly worse than his overall numbers.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
Serious question - was there anything positive about today? I mean, anything at all. I can think of Buehrle having a good game in spite of the E that ended up being 2 runs, and Cabrera was good both offensively and defensively. And then... umm... Anderson walked, I guess that was good.

Quentin reached base.

No disrespect to you fathom, seeing as I know how respected you are here, but I really would like to know what makes people throw out assumptions like this. Is it just irritation? I have no idea.

We could sure use Brian Roberts right about now.

Tell me about it.

Paul Konerko is overrated. Too bad we couldn't get Kotchman, Santana, and someone else for him.

Kotchman? LOL. Santana would have been nice and a great addition to trade Konerko, but Kotchman is no Konerko. You'll have to remind me when in recent history when people b****ed about Konerko not hitting that he didn't finish with really good stats.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:21 AM)
No disrespect to you fathom, seeing as I know how respected you are here, but I really would like to know what makes people throw out assumptions like this. Is it just irritation? I have no idea.

The PK being content comment has been made by various people on this site, including people who normally never say anything never about the players.