mlb.tv

hi8is

yesterday i tried to log in right when the game started and it said i was blacked out due to regional restrictions....i have no idea why, im watching from boston...anyways thankfully i remembered comcast was doing free mlbextra innings preview til april 6th, so i hope it starts working for me

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
im just gonna cancel my subscription and get it on my timewarner cable. 52 inches of hdtv sounds much better then streaming crapola from mlb at work.

dvr + extra innings = the sex.

Do you have to pay for the whole year w/ timewarner (I'm too lazy to look)? I'm moving back to Chicago in late May so it really doesn't make sense for me to pay for the whole year. Also, does MLB.tv work internationally? In late July I'm going to China to work and I want to be able to at least catch a couple games.

MLB.tv hasn't worked for a single day for me yet. I've called them several times and all they've told me so far is that "it's a problem on our end," and, "e-mail our technicians, they'll get back to you within the day," (still waiting 2 days later) and "give me your phone number and we'll have a techinician call you back today," (and it's tomorrow). If I don't get any answers today when I call, I'm cancelling the service.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 05:24 PM)
I would imagine it works overseas unless the Chinese government blocks it. Usually extra innings is billed in four cycles, so you should be able to get it then cancel it. but don't hold me to that.

are all games on extra innings? on the preview tonight only like 5 of the 7 oclock games are on...is that just cuz its a preview, or does normal extra innings only give you a handful of all the games as well?

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
I would imagine it works overseas unless the Chinese government blocks it. Usually extra innings is billed in four cycles, so you should be able to get it then cancel it. but don't hold me to that.

Thanks! I'm going to give TW a call now.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
mlb extra innings is the way to go!

i currently have a free preview of mlb extra innings through comcast...but today it says they are only broadcasting 4 games. is this common? or is it just because it is a preview? Basically I want to know if i get extra innings, will all the sox games be on?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
i currently have a free preview of mlb extra innings through comcast...but today it says they are only broadcasting 4 games. is this common? or is it just because it is a preview? Basically I want to know if i get extra innings, will all the sox games be on?

Yeah, all the sox games should except for I think the Fox games. Those you have to be in the market or your screwed I think.

Xtra innings typically has every game with the exception to games you would be blacked out to (ie teams in your region and than any Fox National Games). There are ocassional exceptions but I'd say you get 90% or so of the Sox games. WCIU games are not carried (so you have to hope the road teams feed gets carried).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Xtra innings typically has every game with the exception to games you would be blacked out to (ie teams in your region and than any Fox National Games). There are ocassional exceptions but I'd say you get 90% or so of the Sox games. WCIU games are not carried (so you have to hope the road teams feed gets carried).

thanks alot, i currently have mlbtv (havent been able to get extra innings in the past few years) but now i can get extra innings and am thinking of switching over...can you buy extra innings by the month? or is it season long only? I am heading back to chicago when my semester is over in june

QUOTE(BamaDoc @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
What does the pFX symbol on MLB gameday stand for?

"The "Pitch-f/x" value is the measurement of the distance between the location of the actual pitch thrown over the plate, and the calculated location of a ball thrown by the pitcher in the same way, with no spin; this is the value MLB.com provided in Enhanced Gameday last season as "Break."

Essentially it's the amount of vertical movement opposed to a ball with no spin. I believe a standard no spin pitch has about 30 inches of vertical fall. Thus when you get a pFX number of 10 it means 10 inches of rise opposed to a standard no spin pitch. Thus, the smaller the number the greater the sink. That's why curveballs have low pFX numbers, because they sink faster than a ball without spin.

At least that's my understanding of the whole system.

Edited by mac9001

still not able to watch games - anyone else having an error message today too - this is the error:

" we are currently preforming maintenance operations. during this time, sections of the site will not be available. we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

same thing ive been getting since day 2 of the season.

Edited by hi8is