ESPN Week 4 Power Rankings

joejoesox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Is this actually real?

We don't have the lead in home runs (but we have a lot more than 14), and neither do the Angels. We also are not slugging that high.

This isn't the "final" version of the Power Rankings, those comments are leftover from last weeks version. I think the new version, when it's officially released, will contain some new comments.

The Cubs at #2...are you kidding me? Pie is playing like a bust and they are without Soriano. The Cubs don't have near the defense or pitching that the White Sox have right now but to their credit they are one of the best hitting teams in MLB while the White Sox are one of the worst.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
The Cubs at #2...are you kidding me? Pie is playing like a bust and they are without Soriano. The Cubs don't have near the defense or pitching that the White Sox have right now but to their credit they are one of the best hitting teams in MLB while the White Sox are one of the worst.

The Sox are 5th in MLB and 4th in the AL in runs scored.

The Cubs are 8th in MLB and 2nd in the NL in runs scored, so you're correct they have a solid offense...but the White Sox are not one of the worst according to any number. The worst team number I can find for them is they're 24th in batting average...but that isn't hurting us all that much in OBP.

Good post. Those stats are more important. I was just looking at average where the Cubs are top 10 and the Sox are...well, you know. This team is going to be amazing once both Pauly and Thome wake up. That's why I am a little hard on the Sox right now. Konerko is the team captain and the Hall of Famer Jim Thome is like a father figure. If these two leaders pick up their play, the Sox will roll.

Edited by DonnyDevito

They should post a warning that these ranking are for amusement only. For over one hundred years they best ranking of a team can be found in the newspaper, it is called the standings. And last I checked, we're the top in the AL Central. At this point in the season, no other ranking really matters.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)
They should post a warning that these ranking are for amusement only. For over one hundred years they best ranking of a team can be found in the newspaper, it is called the standings. And last I checked, we're the top in the AL Central. At this point in the season, no other ranking really matters.

So true,when I was younger I really cared about the rankings and what all the analysts would say about the sox and learned that none of it meant sh**.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

These are fun to look at, but debate them???

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)

ESPN cares more about ratings than accuracy, which is why they're constantly sucking off the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Cubs.