Ever Had to be a Pallbearer?

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
I got the call for my great-grandma's funeral. What's this going to entail?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Wear appropriately somber attire (take the opportunity to by a new dark suit if you have the $), and maintain a respectful manner. The funeral directors will cue you in on everything else.

I was one for my Grandmothers funeral, which was a year ago. Basically, make sure you're in a black suit, and look somber. The funeral director will give you the gloves and such. Just make sure you don't F up.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about that Heads. I have done it a couple of times and like has already been said, there is hardly anything to it. The funeral director will let you know what to do. It is their job to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Basically its a snatch and grab with a walk. They will have a cart for any long stretches to avoid anyone getting uncomfortable. If the director doesn't clue you in, have everyone on one side start on the same foot, one time we had a little issue with being out of sync and kicking each other until we found a rhythm.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss as well. My grandmother was a wisp when she passed away, but her coffin was HEAVY. Thats the only thing I can say about being a pall bearer, be prepared to do some heavy lifting, despite the amount of people helping you

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
I got the call for my great-grandma's funeral. What's this going to entail?

Sorry to hear, Alex.

Anyway, there's nothing to it. The funeral director will get you lined up and give you what you need.

I also want to say, sorry for your loss. Just listen to the Funeral Director, but I think the most important thing is what Tex said. Walk in step. It looks better, but more importantly, you DO avoid kicking each other. Also, if the Director isn't doing his/her job...distribute height/strength differences. Don't put three 5'7" guys on one side and three 6'3" guys on the other.

Sorry Heads. I have done it four times. One for each grandpa, my grandma, than my friend in high school. Coffins are heavy, like everyone says, but it's not like you have to carry them very long.