This needs to be brought to light...

Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
WHAT THE FRENCH, TOAST?

14 posts too late, sir.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
BTW, I liked the Bud Light Lime the other day. Iced very cold, hanging out at the beach after doing a little surfing. As I explained to a beer purist that was with me, not everything has to taste like a beer. If I drink ice tea, I don't want it tasting like a beer, when I am in the mood for that particular taste, I'd order it again. Same as I jump around the beer aisle with different styles. Hell, I even drink michiladas, boiler makers, etc.

Leine-Honey-Weiss-Detai.jpg

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
A dedicated and knowledgeable beer purist would not agree that "tastes like beer" is even an appropriate phrase, given the vast array of global arrays styles, subcategories and flavors.

Then again, I have a hard time believing that a squirt of lime juice would turn Bud Light into anything I'd go out of my way to try.

Thinking this Cinco de Mayo is going to be dominated by Negro Modelo and a margarita here and there. Damn, is it 5:00 yet?

More than a squirt of lime. And all natural lime juice, which surprised me. The full story. He is a beer snob in the worst way. Likes to closely guard any secrets and show off his knowledge. We stopped at our favorite beach side bar before hitting the surf at the jetties so they could take a couple beers out of the cooler, because too much chillin' destroys the beer flavor. I of course asked them to bury a BL Lime on ice ;) because after surfing I would be too tired to actually squirt the lime in myself. :lolhitting Now he goes into convulsions, making funny faces, gagging noises, the who works. I figure I can choke down one of those before moving up. I was actually planning on a Land Shark. Which would still produce gasps of pain from him, but something I could at least enjoy. I was very surprised that the lime was dominate without being nasty. Much different then squirting a fresh lime into the beer. Very crisp without being too sharp. No aftertaste. If you are in the mood for a beer, probably stay away, you will be disappointed.

As far as mainline Mexico beers, Sol tops my list for general quaffing.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Another beer based beverage that fits that category. My gf enjoyed it, but I was disappointed because I was expecting more of a straight up weiss beer. I drank it later, and found it to be an enjoyable beverage.

Tastes like someone put candlewax into a beer to me. It's all a mater of personal taste, but honey remains the one ingredient that I've never been a big fan of in my beers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 5, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
New commercial nomination.

1 877 Kars for Kids

K A R S Kars for Kiids

1 877 Kars for Kids

Donate your car today...

I hate that jingle.

Any time I hear that one it's in my head all day....

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
Tastes like someone put candlewax into a beer to me. It's all a mater of personal taste, but honey remains the one ingredient that I've never been a big fan of in my beers.

Again, it isn't one I would think of right after thinking, I'd like a beer.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
No, but right after thinking, I'd like to chew on a candle, I'm sure it would be just the thing. B)

Having never chewed on a candle, I did not notice an analogy. Sometime you will have to tell us your candle chewing story :unsure:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
No, but right after thinking, I'd like to chew on a candle, I'm sure it would be just the thing. B)

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Having never chewed on a candle, I did not notice an analogy. Sometime you will have to tell us your candle chewing story :unsure:

Hey FlaSoxxJim, Uncle Frank and his candle say "hi!".

:P

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

I see, you like to keep your candles up the other end, eh?

I'm not judging, mind you. I know when I get to be as old as you, I'll probably take whatever I can get too.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
I see, you like to keep your candles up the other end, eh?

I'm not judging, mind you. I know when I get to be as old as you, I'll probably take whatever I can get too.

The gerbil is scared of the dark . . .

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)

That's horrid, but even worse is...

BEEP BEEP

Call 1800 5 VEHICLE give a car.org

Gravelly voice teacher: Ok class now take it from the top

Repeats mercilessly