Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
The only way we can win, is if Danks shuts them out. Our pitching cannot give up runs at all.

I really think that's what causes some of the routs like we saw last night. MB probably doesn't get lit up if he didn't feel like he had to be perfect. Maybe I'm wrong, but at some point it has to start wearing on the pitchers.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 8, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
I really think that's what causes some of the routs like we saw last night. MB probably doesn't get lit up if he didn't feel like he had to be perfect. Maybe I'm wrong, but at some point it has to start wearing on the pitchers.

When you have a pitcher who is as calm as anyone, taking a bat to a heater then you see frustration.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 8, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)

that is my thought too, especially with the 3-4 hitter whiffing

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
When you have a pitcher who is as calm as anyone, taking a bat to a heater then you see frustration.

I could just imagine what Ozzie told Buehrle after that. "Don't worry Mark, we'll change the line-up tomorrow so the leadoff hitter has a .310 average (OPS, of course)".

Edited by fathom