Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 8, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
anyone have the pleasure of watching the game? Can Hawk even spin Slowey yet? He did an awesome job with Livan and his career ERA + of 100

Yes, he's been talking about his pinpoint control.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 8, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Yeah, it's not talent, and it's not ability. For 2 years every single pitcher in baseball has thrown nothing but off speed pitches on the outer half and for 2 years nobody in the lineup can hit it and everyone looks baffled by it. Absolutely amazing.

I'll give you that some of the vetrans are regressing, but the absolute look of confusion that comes over their faces like they've never seen this game plan just absolutely drives me insane

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
In case you missed it, Slowey threw 4 straight 88 mph fastballs to Crede on the outside corner. First three were taken, and all should have been called strikes. Then, on the 1-2, Crede put a swing on it like he was protecting on a hit-and-run.

Here it is.

Picture22.png

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Steve Stone " Slowley is going to start Uribe off with a fastball away."

Farmer " Are you calling pitches for him"

Stone "Well you would figure that they would start discussing patterns on the bench."

Yeah I've listened to a number of games on the radio and Farmer and Stone are doing their critiques of the club by veiling it like that, ie what should be coming, what should be done. They have been a great listen

This is comically bad and this team is slipping as the days go on right into last season. I defended this until this season and recently have bought into the something has to give line. While Cleveland and Detroit are playing the tough teams the Sox are giving the Twins first place and waiting to really get pounded on the upcoming road trip. Toronto and Minnesota are not good hitting teams which I think is leading to an overestimation of the pitching to a degree while I think they are good, they are going to slip.

Why does anyone now think this funk is going to pass. It has been here for almost a season and a half. I really want to stay optimistic because the pitching has looked great but they are looking like s*** and doing nothing about it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
This is comically bad and this team is slipping as the days go on right into last season. I defended this until this season and recently have bought into the something has to give line. While Cleveland and Detroit are playing the tough teams the Sox are giving the Twins first place and waiting to really get pounded on the upcoming road trip. Toronto and Minnesota are not good hitting teams which I think is leading to an overestimation of the pitching to a degree while I think they are good, they are going to slip.

Why does anyone now think this funk is going to pass. It has been here for almost a season and a half. I really want to stay optimistic because the pitching has looked great but they are looking like s*** and doing nothing about it.

Cleveland's looking pretty good now with Lee's rejuvenation.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Yeah I've listened to a number of games on the radio and Farmer and Stone are doing their critiques of the club by veiling it like that, ie what should be coming, what should be done. They have been a great listen

Well if the announcers know whats coming, and know whats happening. Either the players are retarded, or the coaches are not preparing them.

Maybe we can have them bring a Radio into the dugout, so they can get some insight on whats going to happen.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
Well if the announcers know whats coming, and know whats happening. Either the players are retarded, or the coaches are not preparing them.

Maybe we can have them bring a Radio into the dugout, so they can get some insight on whats going to happen.

I'm not saying Farmer or Stone are right or wrong, I just know I've seen this team, save a week or two week stretch here and there, have the same awful approach over and over

Edited by SoxFan562004

What is Walker's hitting philosophy? And don't just say "lift and pull."

I mean, we all know what Coop's pitching philosophy is and what he preaches and it filters down the organization. He says it all the time.

But has Walker ever said anything about his keys to hitting or what the approach should be?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
I'm not saying Farmer or Stone or right or wrong, I just know I've seen this team, save a week or two week stretch here and there, have the same awful approach over and over

Its a simple pattern to dissect. They get a fastball over low and away for a quick strike. Outside of AJ and Uribe everyone takes a pitch. Then you start to either go a tad further away, or feature breaking pitches. And on full counts, and/or hitting counts features straight changes. Our hitters geek up for the hitters count and dont recognize the change too well.

This is the Cy Joe Mays formula.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 8, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
What is Walker's hitting philosophy? And don't just say "lift and pull."

I mean, we all know what Coop's pitching philosophy is and what he preaches and it filters down the organization. He says it all the time.

But has Walker ever said anything about his keys to hitting or what the approach should be?

His approach is looking at the back of a baseball card.