5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

Let's bounce back here boys. Weaver was shelled in his last start Wedensday, against the Royals, lasting only 3 1/3 innings. He's been stellar against the Sox in his 2 career starts, winning both games and posting a 0.77 ERA. Let's reverse the trend and get to him early.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This came from whitesox.com

Tidbits

Shortstop Orlando Cabrera received his trophy for winning the 2007 Rawlings Gold Glove prior to Monday's series opener. It was presented by Angels manager Mike Scioscia and was accompanied by a standing ovation from the Halos faithful. "I didn't think I was ever going to say this before, but I really miss the place," said Cabrera of Anaheim. "I really miss my ex-teammates. Those guys were great to me. The fans here are probably the best fans in baseball right now. I really miss it. Slowly, I'm making the transition to Chicago."

Found this somewhat interesting..........

QUOTE (aprec32 @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)

Tidbits

Shortstop Orlando Cabrera received his trophy for winning the 2007 Rawlings Gold Glove prior to Monday's series opener. It was presented by Angels manager Mike Scioscia and was accompanied by a standing ovation from the Halos faithful. "I didn't think I was ever going to say this before, but I really miss the place," said Cabrera of Anaheim. "I really miss my ex-teammates. Those guys were great to me. The fans here are probably the best fans in baseball right now. I really miss it. Slowly, I'm making the transition to Chicago."

I am really starting to hate that little pri........

Sorry if that is harsh but grow the f' up and be a man. How many years was he in L.A.....3? Come on. So much for the competive fire he was to bring, sounds like a whiny little b**** to me. Hurry the f*** up on transition before the season is over. What a douche. God I hate him

he also said Soscia was the best manager he's ever played for, not that it bothers me.

What did bother me is after he struck out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded, at the bottom of that inning he's yucking it up with Vlad who was standing on 2nd base.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
"I didn't think I was ever going to say this before, but I really miss the place," said Cabrera of Anaheim.

Sorry O-Cab, feelings are not mutual coming out of the Big A. They were smart enough to keep the better SS in Aybar, and still have the future in place with Wood. Now wake the F@*% up and stop dreaming you were still playing in Disneyland.

Damn, I really want to like this kid too... especially with all the dirty Renteria s***.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)

Tidbits

Well, the Dodgers are looking for a SS as an emergency replacement for Furcal......

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:19 AM)
he also said Soscia was the best manager he's ever played for, not that it bothers me.

Scioscia is probably the best manager in the game.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 13, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
if not scoscia, gardenhire would be a good pick also

Agreed. His guys have been competitive for years, which especially impressive considering their budget.

i'm dying to see this replay: Frank Thomas is on 3rd with two outs and gets thrown out at home on a single to Sizemore. Wonder if he forgot how many outs there were...

edit: never mind, he was on second. But man is he ever slowwww

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
Yahoo has dye hitting 4th, paulie hitting 5th...think paulie was still hitting cleanup last night

Gameday has Dye 4th. I'd like to see Dye 3rd and Thome 5th, personally.

AJ and Thome need to be separated by at least 2 right handed hitters. Can't have Dye, Konkerko, Thome, AJP, Crede...

And really, who gives a f*** if one guy bats 3rd and the other 5th. They're still probably get the same amount of ABs. I like b****ing as much as the next guy but that's just stupid.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 13, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
AJ and Thome need to be separated by at least 2 right handed hitters. Can't have Dye, Konkerko, Thome, AJP, Crede...

And really, who gives a f*** if one guy bats 3rd and the other 5th. They're still probably get the same amount of ABs. I like b****ing as much as the next guy but that's just stupid.

You can drop AJ down a spot as well. Not sure why you need two righties between them.

Next time Thome comes up in the last innings with a guy on 3rd and 1 out and K's, just think it could of been Dye who could at least put the ball in play.

And I wasn't b****ing, I was just throwing it out there.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 13, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)

Thome batting 3 is dumb right now. Dye should be the 3 hole hitter right now. You want to give Carlos some protection, and you want to give Dye some runs to drive in.