Richar?

Jake

He's expected to begin a rehab appearance relatively soon, but from the point he starts playing I think you are looking at a best case of a two week rehab assignment. Richar had a very limited spring and will likely take a bit of time until he's ready for the majors. And hopefully at that point, when he comes up he can prove that he's a legit major league player.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=415307

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago White Sox placed second baseman Juan Uribe on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring and purchased outfielder DeWayne Wise's contract from Triple-A Charlotte on Friday.

Chicago also sent infielder Danny Richar, who fractured a rib in spring training, to Charlotte on a rehabilitation assignment.

Uribe, batting .198 with three home runs and 15 RBIs in 38 games, was injured in the sixth inning of a game against the Angels in Los Angeles on May 15. The move to the DL is retroactive to May 16.

Wise spent parts of five seasons in the majors with Toronto, Atlanta and Cincinnati before signing with Chicago on March 5. He was batting .338 with eight homers, 18 RBIs, 31 runs scored and 12 stolen bases in 43 games with Charlotte.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
I don't know if Richar will ever be anything as a major leaguer, but I am pretty certain he will rake in AAA if you give him enough time.

I've met Aaron Cunningham and watched him play. His combined numbers last year and his numbers in limited action this year should make any White Sox fan sick to their stomach. He was included in the Dan Haren trade so now he's in Oakland's system. I wouldn't be surprised to see him crack Oakland's lineup next year. That was a trade that Kenny Williams shouldn't have made. Richar may rake in AAA, but IMHO, Cunningham will be a better Major League player.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
I've met Aaron Cunningham and watched him play. His combined numbers last year and his numbers in limited action this year should make any White Sox fan sick to their stomach. He was included in the Dan Haren trade so now he's in Oakland's system. I wouldn't be surprised to see him crack Oakland's lineup next year. That was a trade that Kenny Williams shouldn't have made. Richar may rake in AAA, but IMHO, Cunningham will be a better Major League player.

If Cunningham could play 2B then the Sox wouldn't have made the trade.