White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ May 31, 2008 -> 04:06 AM)
Yes. Speed isn't the prereq for a leadoff hitter, it's getting on base, taking pitches, driving the pitcher crazy, etc. Speed is a plus, yes, and if a guy can not only get on but be a threat to steal, so much the better.

Not to mention a guy who can play multiple positions for the Ozzie flexibility factor you mentioned is another plus. That's why I keep coming back to Freel, and frankly I don't care if he likes leprauchans or not. Can he make the team better, I believe he can. The question is do Williams and Guillen agree, because me posting it on a message board means nothing. But that type of player is what they need at the top. Everything starts at the top.

I still think a name that only I seem to mention who could be a fit is Cristian Guzman.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly again...I disagree. I'm not having that big of a problem with the top of our order right now. My problem is with the middle of the order after Dye.

No doubt about it, but what do you do there? I mean, those guys aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to be traded. I hate to say they're proven players but they are. So, you make an incremental improvement and that's at leadoff. I guess I'm grasping at straws like others here, based on giving up only 6 hits tonight and still losing the game.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ May 31, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)
No doubt about it, but what do you do there? I mean, those guys aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to be traded. I hate to say they're proven players but they are. So, you make an incremental improvement and that's at leadoff. I guess I'm grasping at straws like others here, based on giving up only 6 hits tonight and still losing the game.

I still say you move Thome into the 2nd spot. Not only could he see more fastballs if OC can reach base, but if OC is on, the opposition can't put on the exaggerated shift.