Signings from the 2008 Draft

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)
480 Basham, Brett U Mississippi C announced today he is returnig to school for his senior year!

Im sorry its late, but honestly forget Mississippi C and read it as a name ... Brett U Basham

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 01:33 AM)
My question is why?

My answer is i have no clue it makes the elite feel better about themselves im sure

When Great Falls comes to Billings to play the Reds affiliate-Billings Mustangs I'll give you a report on what I see in Oney Guillen and KW2. Billings has a new ballpark opening this year and games should be real fun.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
When Great Falls comes to Billings to play the Reds affiliate-Billings Mustangs I'll give you a report on what I see in Oney Guillen and KW2. Billings has a new ballpark opening this year and games should be real fun.

Gotta love nepotism.

This from the Great Falls Tribune this morning...

Newly signed pitchers Dan Hudson and Dexter Carter will be arriving in Great Falls any day now.

Hudson was 5-6 with a 4.76 earned-run average this spring. The righthander led the Colonial Athletic Conference in strikeouts (107 in 92 innings). In three seasons, Hudson amassed 295 strikeouts in 292 innings, which ranks second all-time at ODU. The 6-3, 200-pounder was a second-team all-CAA choice this spring after making the first team a year ago.

Carter, meanwhile, is a 6-6, 198-pounder who was 3-4 with an 8.76 ERA. In two years at Old Dominion Carter fanned 100 hitters in 107 innings.

Manager Chris Cron said first baseman Doug Thennis of Texas Tech (27th round) is slated to join Voyagers soon. The veteran manager is also hopeful that Wichita State outfielder Ken Williams Jr., the son of the Chisox general manager, will soon sign and be dispatched to Great Falls.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs...317/1006/SPORTS

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
This from the Great Falls Tribune this morning...

Newly signed pitchers Dan Hudson and Dexter Carter, who will be arriving in Great Falls any day now.

Hudson was 5-6 with a 4.76 earned-run average this spring. The righthander led the Colonial Athletic Conference in strikeouts (107 in 92 innings). In three seasons, Hudson amassed 295 strikeouts in 292 innings, which ranks second all-time at ODU. The 6-3, 200-pounder was a second-team all-CAA choice this spring after making the first team a year ago.

Carter, meanwhile, is a 6-6, 198-pounder who was 3-4 with an 8.76 ERA. In two years at Old Dominion Carter fanned 100 hitters in 107 innings.

Manager Chris Cron said first baseman Doug Thennis of Texas Tech (27th round) is slated to join Voyagers soon. The veteran manager is also hopeful that Wichita State outfielder Ken Williams Jr., the son of the Chisox general manager, will soon sign and be dispatched to Great Falls.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs...317/1006/SPORTS

Awesome, they were two of my favourite picks.

In the Chicago Tribune this morning...

Kenny Williams Jr., a switch-hitting sixth-round draft choice, agreed to terms and took batting practice at U.S. Cellular Field before Saturday's game against Colorado. He will report to the Great Falls (Mont.) Rookie League team on Monday,

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
So we only have eight people signed?:

I was reading this thing today that the Brewers have 20 of their picks signed.

I'm sure we have more than that. It's just that the Chicago media does a pathetic job of covering our minor league teams.

Bristol has updated their roster for today's opener, and a bunch of draftees are on there. So I will bold them on the main list. Draftees on the roster include:

16/570 Kuehn, Justin Santa Clara U RHP

17/600 Greene, Justin Francis Marion U CF

18/630 Garcia, Andrew UC Riverside 2B

19/660 Vargas, Jose Ventura Col 3B

21/720 Graffy, Brett U Notre Dame RHP

23/780 Castillo, Jorge Florida International U 1B

25/840 Short, Brandon St John's River CC CF

27/900 Asselin, Kevin Sonoma St U RHP

31/1110 Doyle, John Boston Col RHP

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
So we only have eight people signed?:

I was reading this thing today that the Brewers have 20 of their picks signed.

As of this morning, it looks like we have at least 17 picks signed. And Great Falls roster isn't posted yet.

Lots of new names on the GF roster. New signees added include...

3/86 Morel, Brent Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 3B

4/120 O'Neil, Andrew Penn St U RHP

6/180 Williams, Kenneth Wichita St U CF

9/270 Strauss, Ryan Florida St U RHP

10/300 Sauer, Stephen Arizona St U RHP

15/450 Kuhn, Tyler West Virginia U SS

18/540 Billeaud, Joshua U Southern Mississippi RHP

I'll update the list again.