White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, Dotel is garbage, I agree.

Line of the game by the play by play guy: "Dotel FINALLY" gets out of the inning.

Geez what a pathetic lost weekend.

Only hope is for the team to pretend somehow this weekend didn't exist.

Too bad they have to do all the postgame interviews further burying them and mocking them.

They deserve to face the music, though.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
After this series, all the position comparisons on who would you take, should now look like this.

C- AJ

1B- Lee

2B- Could go either way

SS- Theriot

3B- Ramirez

LF- Could go either way with Patterson and Quentin

CF- Edmonds

RF- Dye

LOL @ your LF comment

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
LOL @ your LF comment

If you watched no games this whole year except these last 3 on mute and you didn't look at any stats that pop up at the bottom, I wouldn't know if I wanted Patterson or Quentin, honestly.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:35 AM)
If you watched no games this whole year except these last 3 on mute and you didn't look at any stats that pop up at the bottom, I wouldn't know if I wanted Patterson or Quentin, honestly.

CQ's been fine this wknd, just stop

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
After this series, all the position comparisons on who would you take, should now look like this.

C- AJ

1B- Lee

2B- Could go either way

SS- Theriot

3B- Ramirez

LF- Could go either way with Patterson and Quentin

CF- Edmonds

RF- Dye

If you are just talking about this series, fine, but all together, Patterson doesn't even come close to Quentin, and Ramirez is better than either DeRosa/Fontenot/Cedano/etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
CQ's been fine this wknd, just stop

Look, I didn't say Patterson totally outplayed him. I put "Could go either way" for a reason. Quentin and Dye were the offense this series, and a bit of AJ, but Patterson has impressed after all the s*** you hear about him from Cubs fans.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:37 AM)
If you are just talking about this series, fine, but all together, Patterson doesn't even come close to Quentin, and Ramirez is better than either DeRosa/Fontenot/Cedano/etc.

I'd take Derosa over Ramirez

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)

He may not have hit any HRs this weekend but I think CQ has done pretty well this weekend..5-9, if everybody could hit and get on base like him instead of aiming for the fences, maybe we could have at least one this weekend

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)

Hence the "After this series" part of my post.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
I'd take Derosa over Ramirez

Maybe this season as DeRosa is a more polished hitter, but in the long run a GM would be crazy to choose DeRosa over Ramirez. With Ramirez you are talking about potentially an all-star.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
He may not have hit any HRs this weekend but I think CQ has done pretty well this weekend..5-9, if everybody could hit and get on base like him instead of aiming for the fences, maybe we could have at least one this weekend

Look, I know. I said it could have gone either way. Quentin played well but Patterson impressed me.