White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
I seriously can't wait till the Cubs roll over and die in the playoffs so I can beat Cubs fans down.

If the Cubs get Sabathia, nobody will stop them until maybe the Red Sox, and even they couldn't if NL gets home-field.

Now, if the Phils get Sabathia, the Cubs will go down to them in the NLCS in 4.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:09 AM)
If the Cubs get Sabathia, nobody will stop them until maybe the Red Sox, and even they couldn't if NL gets home-field.

Do the Phillies have anyone to even offer? In many ways, I hope the Indians stay close enough to the pack in the AL Central so they don't give up C.C.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
Hawk: Back in my day if Bobby Gibson was on the mound and Aramis stepping the box, Bobby would make sure he isn't too comfy in that box.

If Gibson was on the mound, I don't think any batter would feel comfy no matter the circumstances.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
Do the Phillies have anyone to even offer? In many ways, I hope the Indians stay close enough to the pack in the AL Central so they don't give up C.C.

I'd actually hope they do give him up, for the Sox sake in the future- as long as it's not to the Cubs.

I know Philly has this Carrasco guy. He's 20, SP, and is probably their best prospect.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:15 AM)
I'd actually hope they do give him up, for the Sox sake in the future- as long as it's not to the Cubs.

I know Philly has this Carrasco guy. He's 20, SP, and is probably their best prospect.

We don't play Cleveland much in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)

Cubs got no one to trade for him. They got big hype prospect who have proven nothing. He ain't going to the Cubs unless they give up Vitters + more and they ain't giving up Vitters who is having issues in the minors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)

The Indians will keep him, the teams in the AL Central smell blood. We face Sowers, Lee and Sabathia at home next week.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 03:17 AM)
Cubs got no one to trade for him. They got big hype prospect who have proven nothing. He ain't going to the Cubs unless they give up Vitters + more and they ain't giving up Vitters who is having issues in the minors.

They could do what the Astros did when they got Tejada. Something like C.C. for Murton, Hill, Ceda, Veal, Colvin